Fair price for brand new 2010 iSupershape?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Fair price for brand new 2010 iSupershape?

Postby nickia » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:23 am

Hi guys,

What is the fair price to pay for a pair of new SS 2010 with freeflex pro bindings?
nickia

Re: Fair price for brand new 2010 iSupershape?

Postby Mac » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Seeing how they are very hard to come by, especially since the 2011 model has been changed (additon of the KERS), also because the original SS had such a devoted following, I would say that whoever still has a pair of the 2010's could ask any price they wanted.
Mac

Postby nickia » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Mac wrote:Seeing how they are very hard to come by, especially since the 2011 model has been changed (additon of the KERS), also because the original SS had such a devoted following, I would say that whoever still has a pair of the 2010's could ask any price they wanted.

Thanks Mac. What about the new one with KERS? I'm trying to buy one from Germany because it's so hard to find in North America. The Magnum is for sale at $750 here in Canada.
nickia

Postby Mac » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:57 am

From what I understand, the new KERS makes the ski somewhat stiffer, and a little less forgiving. Better on hard snow, but a little more challenging in off piste conditions and bumps. This is only what I've been told, haven't had a chance to ski the new ones with KERS myself. But a lot of people liked them just fine the way they were. They really appreciated the original SS's versatility, which from what I've been told has been knocked down a notch by the KERS. I know of people that liked the originall SS so much that they bought them up as soon as they heard that they were being changed, and just stuck them in the closet till they need them. That's probably why they are so hard to find, and you are probably at the mercy of anyone that still has a pair.
Mac

Return to Gear