Please help me build a ski quiver-have IM78

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Please help me build a ski quiver-have IM78

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi. I currently have the Monster IM78, which I like very much . I hope to attend a Harb Camp but right now I am self teaching with his books and videos. I ski mostly at Lake Tahoe with an annual trip to Colorado. What would be a good compliment (not a replacement) to my IM78? Thanks for comments in advance.
Ray

Re: Please help me build a ski quiver-have IM78

Postby Max_501 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:41 pm

SS or TT80
Max_501

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:34 am

Max_501 wrote:SS or TT80

Thanks for the responnse. How will these be different than my im78? I read that the new supershape is a little harder to handle than the old. Is that accurate?
Ray

Postby DVLocal » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm

I primarily ski at Park City Utah using my older (2007?) Supershapes. I have a set of iM78 I chose when the powder is deeper than a foot - such as at Powder Mountain where there is less grooming and more skiing in loose snow..

My guideline is that until the new snow is deeper than a foot you are really skiing on the snow base and deeper than that you may be able to float in the snow.

While the iM78s are a great ski, I like the shorter turning radius and quicker to edge of the SS's.

I would go for the TT80's - Harold probably has a pair to rent if you get to Colorado and a pair to sell. When I need to replace the SS's I will get a set of TT80's or the equivalent.

I highly recommend a private lesson to get a quick kick up on PMTS if you cannot get into a camp. I have found the camps, books, dvds and this forum is helping me move ahead.

Colin
DVLocal

Return to Gear