MA for Ancient

MA for Ancient

Postby Ancient » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:08 am

Hello to Everybody, I would really appreciate an MA for myself since I'm a fan of PMTS Technique. This is a short clip of my skiing short turns.
Thanks in advance!

Ancient

Re: MA for Ancient

Postby jbotti » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:45 am

Your tipping needs to be stronger and you need to narrow your stance. Because your tipping is not strong enough, you are using upper body rotation to help turn the skis. Your first task would be to master the phantom move where you lift the non stance ski and tip it toward the LTE while you hold the ankle against the stance leg ankle. Learn to turn from tipping, using edge angles that are produced from tipping the non stance ski. Once you are getting enough tipping you will need to address the upper body and get and hold counter acting (the opposite of upper body rotation).

If you follow the steps in book one of ACBAES and do the exercises and drills, you will start to progress with PMTS.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Ancient » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:26 am

I got it and I will try!
Keep in mind that the radius of these skis is >25 and skiing slowly is quite a task to turn only tipping...
Thanks for the suggestion!
Cheers.
Ancient
Ancient

Postby h.harb » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:34 am

This statement might shock you, however, John is correct in every way. PMTS and the Phantom Move can be done at any speed with PMTS movements on any ski. We actually train our coaches on straight skis from 1992 stock models (207cm long) and they exactly make the same movements as with shaped skis and do it very well; I might add. It may require performing every "Essential" perfectly and better; with more exaggeration. This approach will serve everyone well If you can make a good PMTS turn on "straight skis". Afterward, doing so on shaped skis will make you feel like a hero.
h.harb

Postby Ancient » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:14 am

h.harb wrote:This statement might shock you, however, John is correct in every way. PMTS and the Phantom Move can be done at any speed with PMTS movements on any ski. We actually train our coaches on straight skis from 1992 stock models (207cm long) and they exactly make the same movements as with shaped skis and do it very well; I might add. It may require performing every "Essential" perfectly and better; with more exaggeration. This approach will serve everyone well If you can make a good PMTS turn on "straight skis". Afterward, doing so on shaped skis will make you feel like a hero.

Many thanks Harald for your clarification! I will try to exaggerate the correct movements to improve my poor technique.

Cheers.

Ancient
Ancient

Return to Movement Analysis and Video