Boot alignment video analysis for Lucy

Boot alignment video analysis for Lucy

Postby Bingster » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:11 pm

My wife Lucy got her ski boots from a PMTS ski camp trained boot fitter several years ago. By his measurement, Lucy doesn't need to adjust boot alignment by then. And he gave us some plastic chips. If Lucy wants, we can take some videos with these plastic chips under one side of her boots. But by then Lucy couldn't even able to slide across the hill with one foot lifted. Now she is a better skier. I see some sort of A frame in her skiing. So I hope we can fix this A frame by boot alignment. I am posting couple of videos here with boot adjusted outward with 1, 2 or 3 degrees. In the end, there is a video of her skiing. I hope somebody can take a look and tell us how many degrees Lucy should adjust her boots. Thanks a lot in advance.

Right leg 1 degree outward

Right leg 2 degrees outward

Right leg 3 degrees outward

Left leg 1 degree outward

Left leg 2 degrees outward

Left leg 3 degrees outward

Skiing video
Bingster

Re: Boot alignment video analysis for Lucy

Postby willwingpang » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:15 am

Hi Bingster

I'm a PMTS enthusiast and I would like to try analyze your Lucy's boots.

In my humble and untrained PMTS alignment eyes, I think the right cuff looks strong. Take out all sole shims, and tip in right cuff by a notch and take videos.

I say anything for the left footer at the moment, I feel Lucy is not doing enough CB and CA over her stance foot.
willwingpang

Postby Bingster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:47 am

Thanks willwingpang for spending time analyzing Lucy’s videos.

Just want to be sure that I understand you correctly. You want Lucy to remove all the shims and take the same kind of video but tip in a little more?

As for the left leg, Lucy can try again with more CA CB. But trust me, she already tried many times before this. Some how, this is very difficult for her left leg.

I will take some more videos this coming weekend.

Thanks again.
Bingster

Postby Max_501 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:29 am

Bingster wrote:My wife Lucy got her ski boots from a PMTS ski camp trained boot fitter several years ago. By his measurement, Lucy doesn't need to adjust boot alignment by then. And he gave us some plastic chips.

Some more info would be helpful. Did the boot fitter make custom footbeds and perform a full alignment for Lucy? The full alignment is done on dryland with many measurements.
Max_501

Postby Bingster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:51 am

Yes, Lucy got a custom footbed. And bootfitter did lots of measurements. And he said Lucy doesn’t need adjustments for the time being. But he gave her boot shims and ask her to take some videos to check on snow results. That was several years ago. Lucy was just started skiing.
Bingster

Postby Bingster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:08 am

The reason we didn’t go to that bootfitter place for help is because the round trip driving time will be over 12 hours.
Bingster

Postby noobSkier » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Bingster,

Are you sure you are canting "out"?? It looks like the alignment gets more knock-kneed rather than less at 3deg.
noobSkier

Postby Bingster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:39 pm

noobSkier wrote:Bingster,

Are you sure you are canting "out"?? It looks like the alignment gets more knock-kneed rather than less at 3deg.

Yes, I am very sure. I put shims under the inner side of her boots.
Bingster

Postby noobSkier » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Have you tried adjusting the cuff?
noobSkier

Postby Bingster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:29 pm

noobSkier wrote:Have you tried adjusting the cuff?

I don’t know how to adjust the cuff. I only know putting shims under the boots can fix A frame problem.
Bingster

Postby noobSkier » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:37 pm

For me personally no matter how much canting I still have an A-frame if the cuff isn't right. What model is the boot?
noobSkier

Postby Bingster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:13 pm

noobSkier wrote:For me personally no matter how much canting I still have an A-frame if the cuff isn't right. What model is the boot?

The boot is Head Dream 100. There are 2 screws on each side of the boots, with words 'canting' printed on them. So I think this boot has cuff canting.
Bingster

Postby noobSkier » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Twist the rivets to the opposite positions, this should move the cuff outwards. I would try again with no shims, they don't seem to be helping. Also, try to get video of an alternating one-legged straight run. Obviously if you can get to a HSS shop, do that.
noobSkier

Postby Bingster » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:53 am

noobSkier wrote:Twist the rivets to the opposite positions, this should move the cuff outwards. I would try again with no shims, they don't seem to be helping. Also, try to get video of an alternating one-legged straight run. Obviously if you can get to a HSS shop, do that.

Thanks noobSkier. Can I adjust those rivets while on snow? I might need to try several positions because I don’t know how to measure them on dry land.

Another thing, by “alternating one-legged straight run”, do you mean straight run toward downhill?
Bingster

Postby Max_501 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 am

If you are going to attempt alignment without an HSS trained tech you might consider getting the Alignment Tech Course Manual.
Max_501

Next

Return to Movement Analysis and Video