MA request for noobSkier

Re: MA request for noobSkier

Postby noobSkier » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:45 am

DougD wrote:Extraordinarily insightful MA & guidance, Max_501. Thanks for sharing your hard earned expertise.

Seconded! Will look into this device.
noobSkier

Postby Max_501 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 am

tigernbr wrote:Max, what exercises do you do with your Infinity 8?

I do the same movements used when skiing. jbotti writes about it here: CA Secret Weapon
Max_501

Postby tigernbr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 pm

noobSkier wrote:
DougD wrote:Extraordinarily insightful MA & guidance, Max_501. Thanks for sharing your hard earned expertise.

Seconded! Will look into this device.

I ordered one this morning.
tigernbr

Postby noobSkier » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Managed to get a clip from today; I lost my balance trying not to hit the cameraman :lol: I felt like I was making better turns with the enhanced focus on the pelvic movements...can't tell if that's at all reflected in the video. Would like to get some insight! Thanks!!

noobSkier

Postby Max_501 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Its difficult to see CA pelvis moments in that footage but it looks like the inside hip is still dropped quite a bit.
Max_501

Postby noobSkier » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 pm

Max_501 wrote:Its difficult to see CA pelvis moments in that footage but it looks like the inside hip is still dropped quite a bit.

Max_501, what could be done to make pelvic movements more visible for my next videos?
noobSkier

Postby Max_501 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Max_501

Postby sgarrozzo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:23 am

noobSkier wrote:
Max_501 wrote:Its difficult to see CA pelvis moments in that footage but it looks like the inside hip is still dropped quite a bit.

Sgarrozzo :D , what could be done to make pelvic movements more visible for my next videos?

Make some longer turn where you have more time to try it :mrgreen:
sgarrozzo

Postby noobSkier » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Ok, back to the drawing board :lol: For analyzing pelvic movements, does footage from the back take priority?

sgarrozzo wrote:Make some longer turn where you have more time to try it :mrgreen:

Its not perfect, but I dont seem to have an issue with it when I make longer turns.
noobSkier

Postby Jeet » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi NoobSkier,

Can you hip lift on the slant board, or are you struggling on their too. It's worth checking and practicing on there perhaps and see how in translates back on snow.

If you struggle with mobility I believe the slant board practice will give you some.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks

Jeet
Jeet

Postby noobSkier » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:14 pm

Back with another clip! Still working on creating correct pelvic movements. Im sure its not nearly enough, but I want to know if I'm on the right track. Would love to get your thoughts!

noobSkier

Postby Jeet » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:24 am

Hi there,

My take on this. Again I would wait for someone more experienced to confirm.

Image link 1
https://ibb.co/jFFZtm

Image link 2
http://ibb.co/dLrUR6

Based on the image above and looking through the video there seems like there is very little improvement, but you are a great skier. I believe the issue seems to be a stiff hip, lower back, hip flexbility limitations or other similar factors which is stopping you from getting a level hip. I am very certain once these limitation have been overcome you will start experiencing a level hip or at least an improvement.

When your standing on your left leg ie turning right, the Hip seems to more level compared to when your turning to the left.

Questions?

1. How are you trying to improve Cb - freesking, drills, slant board etc.

2. Have you addressed or tried to address the possible phyical limitations described above and maybe other people can chip in with some mobility, flexbility excercises or gym work that could alleviate this situation. You could try is foam roll, massage myo facial release or the possibly the excercise in the youtube clip below.

Related

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1136&hilit=+Flexibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70Jq2NjQwY&t=287s

Wish you all the best in getting a level hip.

Jeet
Jeet

Postby DougD » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:50 am

Jeet, that was a high quality MA.
DougD

Postby noobSkier » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Thanks for the insight Jeet, and thanks for taking to time to make those images! It just dawned on me that what you guys are using to assess my hip position is my coat line. You can't really tell from the videos but that coat is actually really baggy, and it definitely hangs below my hips and even sags to one side when I'm turning; giving the illusion of a highly angulated hip. What I'm going to do for my next videos is tie some orange tape to my hips...I think that will give us an accurate idea of where the hips really are.

It's just speculation, but I suspect the true hip position is something like the image below. It will be interesting to see how close I got once we get the videos with the orange tape. This "speculated" hip position makes a lot more sense because I don't think dynamic short turns with plenty of rebound are even physically possible with that much hip angulation. Cheers for helping me discover the confounding variable!

noobSkier

Postby Jeet » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Thanks @DougD.

@NoobSkier - Good idea. This maybe obvious but tuck your jacket in and have the tape like you would wear a belt.

Looking forward to see the next clip.

Jeet
Jeet

PreviousNext

Return to Movement Analysis and Video