MA from Luke

Re: MA from Luke

Postby RRT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 pm

lukezhang wrote:I like to do drills as long as it's effective to improve free skiing. I am not against doing drill in oframe. However I am yet to see a video doing super phantom move with touch tilt, especially how you hold LTE while lifting new inside ski.

Luke,

Watch the entire video listed in the attachment below. Diana performs "... the super phantom move with touch tilt, especially how you hold LTE while lifting new inside ski." It's all about doing drills that effectively improve free skiing. Watch how effectively Diana skis. Why? Because she's done the drills a thousand times over and maybe more.

You can find a lot of free PMTS video (your preference) online that will answer most of your questions. In the meantime, your posts have long taken on an air of insincerity. Learn to work harder on the drills. In other words, crawl before you can walk. Sorry that there is no immediate fix to all those bad habits that now need to be unlearned. Start from scratch, stop resisting and work hard on the help others have attempted to provide if you are to make us believe you are truly interested in PMTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2765E3PGyM4
RRT

Postby lukezhang » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Thank you all for the good feedbacks. I will post some drill videos soon.
lukezhang

Postby lukezhang » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm

One foot release slow short turns on slick afternoon groomer.

Personally I feel really good ski hookup right before apex. My old dragging of inside skis is definitely very bad by comparison. The key here is to hold LTE before release. It helps CA as well as developing great angle. Thank you all for pointing my deficiency.

Will shoot two foot release tomorrow.
lukezhang

Postby noobSkier » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 pm

I just want to point out that not much has changed, but keep up the good work! This stuff is hard and it will be long before you see real improvements.

Also, your daughters are adorable :lol:
noobSkier

Postby lukezhang » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:07 pm

I slow down for you. Tail push versus ski side cut making the work.
lukezhang

Postby Max_501 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm

noobSkier wrote:I just want to point out that not much has changed, but keep up the good work! This stuff is hard and it will be long before you see real improvements.

Correct. The fundamental movements haven't changed.
Max_501

Postby lukezhang » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Hmm, do you still see tail push?
lukezhang

Postby Max_501 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Watch it in slow motion and look for the tails following the tips.
Max_501

Postby lukezhang » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:39 pm

When doing brush tail doesn't follow tip exactly. I am looking at snow plow to see the difference.
lukezhang

Postby noobSkier » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm

If I'm not mistaken, thats 3 for the count. Have a look at this clip https://youtu.be/2zd2F8haBbI?t=55
noobSkier

Postby lukezhang » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:13 pm

I don't mind making mistakes. It's better you guys can correct me so that I can learn better. If tail follows tip that is carving. Thus it leaves clean rails. Brush doesn't create clean rails.
lukezhang

Postby Max_501 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:34 am

lukezhang wrote:If tail follows tip that is carving. Thus it leaves clean rails. Brush doesn't create clean rails.

Search the forum for "tail follows tip" and similar phrases. You will find that in general the tails should follow the path of the tips. A consistent and pronounced displacement of the tails is a sign that some form of rotary may be being used to push the tails through the arc. Watch your video in slow motion and look carefully at your hips. Are they countering against the direction of the turn or are the rotating into the turn?
Max_501

Postby lukezhang » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 am

Slow turns with surprised ungroomed session in the middle

Please check if there is improvement since last video.
lukezhang

Postby noobSkier » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:39 pm

You are getting a bit more of an o-frame which is good, but turning mechanics haven't changed. Tipping is still lacking, tails still skidding, and upper body is still rotating into the turn. Don't get discouraged, this stuff takes a LONG time to fix, and even then you never stop working on it. Slow it down and work on your tipping...phantom garlands would be perfect IMO.
noobSkier

Postby Jjmdane » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:24 am

Try experimenting with a slightly wider stance to encourage more tipping and prevent the heel push at the end or the turn. Maintain shin angles with the wider stance and see if you can feel a more forward slicing action throughout the turn.
Jjmdane

PreviousNext

Return to Movement Analysis and Video