Stephane - MA Request

Re: Stephane - MA Request

Postby DougD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:08 am

Speedcontrol,

Implementing your suggestion would require banning all responses to MA requests except from coaches/experts. That's not what this forum is about.

As Toddw correctly noted, "There are two sides to the MA forum: getting your turns analyzed and taking a crack at analyzing someone else's turns to test your comprehension of PMTS skiing."

When a non-expert (like me) offers an MA of someone's video, it is helpful that Max_501 or some other coach/expert correct any inaccuracies ("policing", as you called it). By this process, both the OP and I are afforded the opportunity to learn something. Your suggestion would eliminate such opportunities.

Max_501, jbotti and even HH have corrected my errant analyses more than once. My response was "thank you for taking the time".

Expert attention to your every movement and instantaneous feedback are available. But you'll have to pay for them like everyone else. I also work, but the time and funds I've spent on HSS shop work & PMTS camps are the best investments I've made in 30+ years of skiing. The free insights offered here are a bonus.
DougD

Postby Obrules15 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:06 am

speedcontrol wrote:
jbotti wrote:Mr. Speedcontrol, are you serious!! Your sense of entitlement is off the charts. Its your job to search for comments that will unlock things in your skiing, not mine or anyone else's.

I don't understand your point.

This is ultimately the problem, no matter what anyone says, or very carefully explains if you don't understand that other people's effort and energy and time are just as valuable as yours, and that you have a choice not to read the forum or use the resource, then..................
Obrules15

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Some people just want to have it handed to them, it just doesn't work that way. Max501 and many others worked their asses off getting to where they ski and understand skiing better than any of the best coaches. So someone shows up here and expects to get it all by the best coaches in the first few minutes and is totally unappreciative,? Dude, you need a rarity check! Try doing some work and contributing!
h.harb

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video