Jeet MA Request - 15082016 - SMIM = Flexing

Jeet MA Request - 15082016 - SMIM = Flexing

Postby Jeet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:49 am

Hi Guys,

I hope the skiing season comes around real quick for you guys and you'll be on the snow in no time. In the mean time I would be great full if you can provide an MA on my skiing. I have mainly been working on a flex to release as well as secondary objectives, CB, CA and relaxing. In my previous video, my flexing to release would come n ago and sometimes there would be a sneaky extension in some turns. I boot the boot-touch exercise from the website being practicing those knee touches at transition.

It would be great to identify a SMIM (Provided it's not flexing to release)
********************************************************************************************

1. I think it's inside hand, and not letting it drop - this maybe correct but it may not be the SMIM?
2. Alignment- although this may not be the limiting factor - But I think I am a bit soft on my right leg compared to the left leg. I see better release on the left leg whilst the right leg seems to get stuck (slightly too much knee dropping) and so not as an effective release.

MA Video

(For some reason the video seems to be playing it faster than the original recording, maybe I was going this fast, but again you can use the slow mo feature on youtube if it needs to be slowed down. I think my friend is getting better shooting videos for MA purposes.

Thanks in advance

Jeet
Jeet

Re: Jeet MA Request - 15082016 - SMIM = Flexing

Postby VAskier » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm

I can't seem to view the embedded video. If anyone else is having the same problem, here is the link to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YY8oJrdfR8
VAskier

Postby Jeet » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:29 am

It plays for me. Thanks for posting the full URL.

Jeet
Jeet

Postby Robert0325 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 am

Improvement is amazing Jeet. How often do you practice at Hemel?
Robert0325

Postby Jeet » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:47 am

Thanks Robert.

I practice way more than the average skier. 2-3 times a week. I consider myself very very luck to have access to a slope all year round. But we don't have mountains guess that makes up for it :)

A lot of peeps have started to take notice, more and more buying the books and doing the drills. A qualified PMTS coach will be in very big demand. I need to and want to get qualified just need to find the time to head over Harald in Canada.

Jeet
Jeet

Postby Robert0325 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:14 am

And do they mind someone videoing you, or did you have to get special permission?
They got annoyed with me when I did it at MK, some rubbish about child protection policy not allowing video of photos on the slope. :x
Robert0325

Postby Jeet » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:37 am

No restrictions at Hemel for filming, if there was, I would and others would complain. Child Protection what a load of BS. I have seen footage's of racers at MK on youtube, I have also seen footages of my friend.

You should tell them: "Ok, well I'll be heading off the snow centre in Hemel. Nice doing business" (And then join me for a ski :)

Jeet
Jeet

Postby DougD » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:16 pm

SMIM = flexing to release, still. Sorry, but that's what I see.
DougD

Postby milesb » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:04 pm

I see the flexing of the old stance leg to release, followed by an extension of the new stance leg. I tend to do the same thing if I'm not paying attention. If you can keep the new stance leg flexed a little longer you will be able to have a good high c.
Good stuff!
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby Max_501 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:07 am

Very good inside foot management and tipping. And we can see upper body CA/CB developing in some of the turns (more work needed on CA/CB with the pelvis but we'll save that for another day).

What about the extension that is mentioned in other posts? It looks like you are so focused on flexing that you've adopted a perma flexed position with too much tension throughout the body so when you lift the outside ski you have an over tensioned inside leg that extends a small amount when you transfer balance to that leg.

Next time on the snow think about relaxing/shortening the outside leg before you transfer balance to the new ski. Here's a drill to help with that thought.

Make a series of slow phantom turns where you keep the inside foot lifted throughout the turn. Release by relaxing the outside leg so it flexes/shortens and causes the lifted inside foot to touch the snow. Then you transfer balance to the new outside ski by lifting the new inside foot. Try not to push on the new outside foot when transferring balance.

What boots are you in?
Max_501

Postby Jeet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:00 am

Thanks to everyone who responded. I am very great full.

@Max501 Once again, thanks for your input + the drill suggestion. I will focus on the drill you mentioned. I will upload a video when my eyes think I have made some progression, you guys will hopefully confirm. Shooting all the videos is really helping my MA skills. I didn't spot the slight extension, its very clear to me now.

Boots: I am in Salomon XMAX120. Probably too low flex for normal PMTS standards. I have loosely constructed feet, so I guess a tighter narrow higher flex boot will help. Diana confirmed long ago in a private message that these Boots are lateral. The reason why I choose the 120 is that these boots come with heel and toes plates which makes self canting easier. The 130 are a race Boots which do not come with toe and heel plates, make self canting harder to achieve.

I have been trying to look somewhere for canted wedges, but cannot find them anywhere. Hopefully Harald can sell me some :). Salomon does a canted wedge buts it only 0.7mm, not enough for me. PS: I have tipped my left leg in, I took another video, it looks and feels much better.

Question Max501. Shall I combine the drill you mentioned with the Boot touch exercise + touch knees at transition. I spent a lot of time doing this exercise and then left it alone in the last 2-3 weeks, guess I need to revisit it. It will take a lot patience and persistence to get this corrected in my skiing, am getting closer.

Jeet
Jeet

Postby Max_501 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:15 am

Jeet wrote:Question Max501. Shall I combine the drill you mentioned with the Boot touch exercise + touch knees at transition.

Do you have any video of the boot touch drill?
Max_501

Postby Jeet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:24 am

I don't. I'll get this filmed as a priority and will upload it as soon as I have it.
Jeet

Return to Movement Analysis and Video