MA for mountainbum

Re: MA for mountainbum

Postby mountainbum » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 pm

And do the skiers in the video need more foot pullback as well?
mountainbum

Postby h.harb » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 am

There is a serious lack of counter or holding the counter at release, notice the distance required in the edge change. Also lots of up extension and then sinking down. Where this really shows up and has a major impact is in the short turns, which are not at a very high level.
h.harb

Postby mountainbum » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 am

Thank you Harald and Doug for the input, it is much appreciated! I have learned a tremendous amount from this forum and all of the PMTS materials, it seems there is constantly more to learn... :D
mountainbum

Postby Basil j » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 am

compare the last video which I believe are Italian skiers to this one and the differences are quite noticeable. This is high end PMTS skiing vs high end traditional skiing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCL3XU78GDA
Basil j

Postby h.harb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Basil, yes there is a huge difference, but the skiing isn't very helpful for learning. Few can break-down the movements and use them from a level of skiing this quick and dynamic. That's why we show and demonstrate PMTS movements in slow or in a stationary situation. Also, the practice should be slow and controlled.
h.harb

Postby mountainbum » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Ok, so I have been working hard on my SMIM, CA for the last month and have had pretty good results based on what I can see. Occasionally I forget to no swing pole plant, but it doesn't always unwind my counter anymore. I also tried something new. The first video is how I usually ski...the second video I am focused on using momentum from the release to start the new turn. Is my SMIM moment still CA? and is the second video better skiing than what my other videos have shown? I think that it is, but would appreciate input. Thanks!

mountainbum

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video