Movement Analysis for zeK

Re: Movement Analysis for zeK

Postby DougD » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:26 pm

sashalex wrote:Please believe me when I say that if getting harb alignment was an option...we would have gotten it already.

What stopped you? It wasn't the cost. As I already noted, zeK spent far more on lift tickets alone this season, to the detriment of his skiing. Putting those funds toward a Harb alignment and 1 or 2 lift tickets with focussed practice would have put him far ahead of where he is today.
DougD

Postby sashalex » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:35 pm

DougD wrote:What stopped you? It wasn't the cost. As I already noted, zeK spent far more on lift tickets alone this season, to the detriment of his skiing. Putting those funds toward a Harb alignment and 1 or 2 lift tickets with focussed practice would have put him far ahead of where he is today.

The answer to your question is of a personal and professional nature. Although i've grown fond of the members of this forum, I'm going to keep everyone in suspence about the details of my life.
sashalex

Postby geoffda » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:52 pm

sashalex, I hope you don't take my questions the wrong way. I'm just trying to figure out what you know and what you don't so I can help. Right now I don't know whether I can trust the information I'm getting, which is why I'm trying to understand how you arrived at your conclusions.
geoffda

Postby DougD » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:47 am

sashalex, I also hope I didn't come across as probing into personal matters. My only intent was to note
that many of the efforts you two made this season appear less productive than a closer focus on PMTS basics would have provided.
DougD

Postby sashalex » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:08 am

No harm done gentlemen. I meant what I said about growing fond of the members on this forum. I think pmts attracts a more intelligent type of skier (albeit at times fanatical :lol: ), and it has been a privilege to read some of your insights. And now ill stop highjacking Zek's thread. Sorry buddy!
sashalex

Postby h.harb » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:56 am

This is a very good point of view by Geoffda. Knowing what you don't know is the first step in freeing your mind to learning.
You should not be messing around with your boots nor should you be self diagnosing alignment issues. I've had the training and I wouldn't even work on my own boots without supervision because I recognize that absent a significant apprenticeship (which I have not had), I am in no position to put the theory into practice. You don't even have the theory, so stop wasting your time. If you can't get out to HSS to get your boots set up properly, then leave them alone. Doing nothing is by far the lesser of two evils in this case.

There are many posts here that are giving the correct advice about footbeds feet and ankles. as one poster stated, "you can spend 1000s on boots, footbeds and alignment and still have it all wrong." A few points I think need clarification. Flat feet are never all the same. Both Ingmar Stenmark and I have flat feet. Flat feet that are hind foot, calcaneus vertical or close to vertical are excellent for skiing and are not eversion restrictive. They are not locked, you have to know how to determine this in both open and closed kinetic chain measurements procedures. This is only one aspect to finding the optimal, and achieving correction isn't always optimal, feet are not perfect engineering mechanisms. Functional evaluation has to be understood and I detect this is missing in this on going discussion and not considered in the approaches taken.

Alignment is not done inside the ski boot. In fact adding posting can cause the eversion limitation.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video