Jeet - Knock Kneed

Re: Jeet - Knock Kneed

Postby Robert0325 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

Hi Jeet
Your posts and replies are of great interest to me because I am slightly knock kneed as well. I actually did have foot beds made for me 2 years ago at Solutions4feet in Bicester in the solid cork material and they seem to work very well. Also I don't find they lock my feet fully so still am able to get the fine balance control and foot angulation.
I found that with the straight ski run test on one foot as outlined in the ACBAES1 book I was having to compensate movement slightly to keep a straight line. I found however the ski boot so called canting adjustment solved this and so my "basic" alignment seems ok.

Having said all this, I know it's not ideal, so like you I want to visit Portes Du Ski in Holland to get proper alignment and foot beds done. Just need to convince my wife it's a good idea !!
Robert
Robert0325

Postby DougD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Robert0325 wrote: I actually did have foot beds made for me 2 years ago at Solutions4feet in Bicester in the solid cork material and they seem to work very well. Also I don't find they lock my feet fully so still am able to get the fine balance control and foot angulation.

In properly fitted boots, a rigid footbed inhibits foot movements enough to negatively affect your skiing. Period.

Whether it "seems" so to you means little or nothing. A skier's own feelings and assessments of what they're doing are often misleading. Unless you have the equivalent of PMTS certifications in boot fitting, alignment and skiing, self-diagnosis should not be trusted.

Robert0325 wrote:I found that with the straight ski run test on one foot as outlined in the ACBAES1 book I was having to compensate movement slightly to keep a straight line. I found however the ski boot so called canting adjustment solved this and so my "basic" alignment seems ok.

Or not. As the post from HH that Max quoted just above explained, alignment is not adjusted by changing boot cuff angles. This just impairs your foot-boot connection and range of motion.

Time to sweet talk the wife! :o
Last edited by DougD on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
DougD

Postby Jeet » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:39 am

Two things that I have done which has really helped reduce the knock knee affect

- go a super feet foot bed (this is not a custom foot bed, no corking in this one) - should get your from HSS
- I purchased 7mm canted heel and toes for Salomon xmax 100 - should get yours from HSS

This may not have aligned me perfectly but I feel it has helped reduced my knock kee stance.

My new video is about a month old

In this run I could have completed by turns with a more C shape to the turn.

Please accept my apologies for the quality of the video, I will be taking one more this month with me skiing with a much slower speed. I would be grateful if you guys could provide me with another MA. This video is a free run, my friend took a video without me knowing I was being recorded.

I feel that my current skiing is much stronger compared to this video (i will upload 1 more video for April) - but I'll let you guys be the judge of that

Movements I have focused on - and I feel I need more + refinements
*********************************************************************************
Counter balance - (main focus)
Counter acting - (Main focus for April)
Inside leg pull back + feet closer together

Jeet
Last edited by Jeet on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeet

Postby alpinebaseline » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 am

Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is covering a lot of what I have been thinking about recently.

Like Jeet, I am knock kneed and in the UK. Are there any up to date recommendations for boot fitters or does it still require a trip to the Netherlands?

Alain Baxter was mentioned positively by Harald in another thread as a skier. I know he works as a boot fitter in Stirling - does anyone have any experience with him?

Many thanks!

Jonny
alpinebaseline

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video