Interesting video to test you MA with!

Interesting video to test you MA with!

Postby h.harb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:26 pm

These are the best that Whistler has to offer, they are testing for Level 4 in Canada, the highest level..
h.harb

Re: Interesting video to test you MA with!

Postby CO_Steve » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Come on boys hop to it. Let's not extend this thread any longer than necessary :)
CO_Steve

Postby geoffda » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:07 pm

I feel sorry for these skiers. It is sad to see so much time, effort and money expended with so little result. The worst are hopeless (and still wedging) due to obvious alignment deficiencies while the best lack balance, consistency and ski performance due to inferior technique. It never ceases to amaze me that so few are able to recognize how flawed this skiing is, let alone understand why.
geoffda

Postby jbotti » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:53 pm

I dare anyone to watch that for 21 minutes!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby milesb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:06 pm

10 minutes learning the phantom move would have most of them making far better turns on that hill.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby ToddW » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:58 am

milesb wrote:10 minutes learning the phantom move would have most of them making far better turns on that hill.

I've been to many camps, and I've never seen anyone pick up a proper phantom move in ten minutes. And, being encumbered with a decade plus of TTS clinics, these folks would take longer than average to learn it.
ToddW

Postby skijim13 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:32 am

I agree with you Todd, there is more to the move to get it right. I found balance to be key to improvement, I still improving my LTE balance and work on it every time I ski. I tried teaching the move to a friend and he still can't balance on his LTE well but he is improving. I know that the move improves you skiing because this is the first year that I find bumps to be easy to go down the fall line even when they get large with now real pattern like you get in the Northeast from people skidding down them.
skijim13

Postby BigE » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 pm

RE: LTE balance. Is it not enough to simply traverse on the uphill edge of the uphill foot?

Oh yeah, and the video is an exaggeration of the skills that the CSIA think are important. The short turns with active femur rotation are brutal.
BigE

Return to Movement Analysis and Video