Richard Berger

Richard Berger

Postby arothafel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:09 pm

I found this newer video. What do you think....?

arothafel

Re: Richard Berger

Postby Skiasaurus Rex » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:35 am

I loved the name and the implied intention of his Japanese DvD ski series: Elegant Skiing. His free skiing really walks the tight rope between controlled, explosive power and dancer-like elegance. I have no technical lexicon to evaluate what I see him do, I just know it's a mental image worth holding on to while skiing.

When I compare this to the Paul Lorenz video, I can see the difference between berger's precise elegance and Lorenz's powerful athleticism. I liked Paul's video, too--I was surprised it wasn't better received here, but Berger, to my eye, is the best NON-world cup skiing, "real world" terrain skier whose videos get talked about on the intrawebs. I know some of those japanese and Korean skiers are great as well-but I really love Berger's skiing. And he is a tremendous, technical bump skier. I haven't seen his equal.
Skiasaurus Rex

Re: Richard Berger

Postby oggy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 am

Wow, those short turns is probably the prettiest skiing I've ever seen. The long turns seemed a bit too much out of control at times for my liking, and he does talk about pressuring the inner in those, maybe that's got something to do with it. Not that I'd object to being able to ski like that ;)

Thanks for the video, arothafel! Real good to get one psyched up for the new season!
oggy

Return to Movement Analysis and Video