MA Section is for MA!

MA Section is for MA!

Postby jbotti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:46 pm

In light of some recent posts with Video in the MA section where commentary and even video was deleted it makes sense to remind everyone that the MA section is for MA. If you don't want MA, don't post video in the MA section. If you think you might not like the MA you get, then don't post video in the MA section. If you want everyone to see your progress but don't want everyone's MA, don't post video in the MA section.

We don't have a "look at my skiing, isn't it great" section and I don't think it's coming either. You can post video on the Primary Movements Teaching System Section and say that you don't want MA, but you should probably be prepared to get some because very few in PMTS can look at Video without critiquing it. Most of us are harsher on our video than on anyone else's.

So in general, if you don't want, can't handle or will disagree with the MA that anyone and everyone may throw at you, don't post video.

Having said that, this remains a great place to get excellent feedback on performing PMTS movements correctly and for those that need the assistance and can't get to a camp this a great way to make sure you are doing the movements properly.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: MA Section is for MA!

Postby h.harb » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Well said John.

In addition, If you are not a PMTS skier, "especially", and learned with traditional skiing, don't expect to post video here and be rewarded with praise. TT skiing is almost always lacking in three or more "Essentials of Skiing", so don't blow your ego coming here trying to get praise. If you post video here, with the idea that you want to know what is wrong with your skiing and you want to have something to work on, that attitude will go a long way to creating success in the future. You will get plenty of feedback. I'm not say all of it will be right, but it's a start.
h.harb

Return to Movement Analysis and Video