Timberline chop

Timberline chop

Postby Bolter » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Here is some skiing in chopped up snow. I will add some more when it loads on Vimeo. My focus was to flex to release and tip. Here is more of same day with a sweet in EPIC character thumbnail for the second video.

Last edited by Bolter on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bolter

Re: Timberline chop

Postby milesb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Really good skiing. Shows all the PMTS movements well. The only thing I'd add would be if you could do some of that same great NSPP you do in your pu$$y groomer :P video.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby Bolter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:50 am

There is more snow today, I'll add the NSPP and post video. AND I will take my SL poles back from my son so I can dump those super long SGS poles. NSPP (no swing pole plant} and NPGV (no pu$$y groomer video).
Thanks for feedback.

JR
Bolter

Postby Max_501 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 am

Nice smooth skiing in challenging snow. Crank up the CA/CB, especially on the left turns (when our right foot is the stance foot). Strong CA by the fall line or its too late.
Max_501

Postby Erik » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:12 am

Hey - don't use up all the good snow before the weekend! The web site had said that Timberline was were going to be closed Mon-Wed, but now it says they are open all week. Must have been a trick to keep the fresh snow for the locals only.

Erik
Erik

Postby carver_hk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Bolter,

Great skiing. I skied this condition on my last family ski trip on Zermatt lately. I know how difficult is to ski this condition. Yet you turns like turning on easy snow. :o
I love line graphics :)
carver_hk

Postby arothafel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 am

Great Video. Great Skiing and a fine example of how PMTS works in any conditions. No bag of tricks or tool kit required. Keep the videos coming!

** Welcome back carver_hk :)
arothafel

Postby Bolter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Max_501 wrote:Nice smooth skiing in challenging snow. Crank up the CA/CB, especially on the left turns (when our right foot is the stance foot). Strong CA by the fall line or its too late.

I can and will add that. Thank you for the feedback.
Bolter

Postby Bolter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Erik wrote:Hey - don't use up all the good snow before the weekend! The web site had said that Timberline was were going to be closed Mon-Wed, but now it says they are open all week. Must have been a trick to keep the fresh snow for the locals only.

Erik

The ownership may keep the area open next week also. I will keep you posted.
Bolter

Postby Bolter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:28 pm

arothafel wrote:Great Video. Great Skiing and a fine example of how PMTS works in any conditions. No bag of tricks or tool kit required. Keep the videos coming!

** Welcome back carver_hk :)

Thank you and yes PMTS works.

Video is an absolute necessity. Not looking at your skiing with slowmo and stop with PMTS as a template is a mistake. I see all sort of movements I want to improve. Like Max_501 saw, CA and CB needs work here and the groomed skiing. I pick out so many things I need to work on that others may or may not see. I see the need and I love working to improve.
Bolter

Postby Bolter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 pm

carver_hk wrote:Hi Bolter,

Great skiing. I skied this condition on my last family ski trip on Zermatt lately. I know how difficult is to ski this condition. Yet you turns like turning on easy snow. :o

Thank you. Never skied anywhere outside of the US but would love it I am sure.
Bolter

Postby Bolter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:47 am

CA/CB focus, not a big result. I have some better, steeper terrain video but uploading is not working on vimeo.
My second string video man and I are having a hard time taking time to video, the skiing is that good here now.

Bolter

Return to Movement Analysis and Video