MA Request for Bev - Carved Turns

MA Request for Bev - Carved Turns

Postby bev » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:07 am

Hi All - Great help on the short turns. Really appreciate your help on these wider carves. Sorry I don't have a front view. Thanks again - Bev.

bev

Re: MA Request for Bev - Carved Turns

Postby jepoupatout » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:28 am

Hi BEV you have a good carve turn, you right side has more CB compare to your short turn, less rotation, a better pole plant and more flexion.
You have less up movement when you turn right compare to your short turn. You have more symetric turn left and right compare to your short turn. Also because you ar ending the turn more on the edge you don't produce a stem.
As MonsterMan mentioned in your turn, the alignment seem to be an issue.
Could you post a video on the Two Foot Release, it will gave us a good indication of your tipping skill. The TFR needed to be master to create a good short turn.
jepoupatout

Postby jclayton » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm

HI Bev ,

Very nice , much better than what I remember from A basin .

A lot of good things in place . tipping is a bit slow to start , gets to a reasonable angle then stops instead of continuing the the "bitter end " and tipping some more . always keeping ahead of the stance ski .
Your feet look glued together in some turn transitions, perhaps this is keeping the tipping back .
First turns and last ones a bit lacksadaisical , Harald always says to make your last turns the best .
Retraction looks pretty good , CB a bit slow to get going and some leaning results , inside hand often pushed forward but on occasions the pole plant is done with a forward arm movement stopping CA .
Interesting to see tracks at 0.18 , the inside ski diverges and the tracks have a kink , too much pressure too soon into the fal line instead on patiently waiting for the pressure to build . You can also see the tracks glued together at transition .

Overall a pleasure to watch . Nice smooth rhythm .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby bev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks guys. All good advice. J, it was great to hear from you especially after sharing a camp. Love all the advice from Quebec City and Mallorca. Thanks so much for taking the time. Let's see what next week brings. Salut!
bev

Postby serious » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am

It is not obvious from the back, but I think you need to pull that inside foot WAY,WAY, back. I also feel you are trying too hard to keep your legs glued together. I am not suggesting a wide stance by any stretch, but when tipping lead with that inside foot, but don't let it creep forward.
serious

Postby Max_501 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 am

serious wrote:It is not obvious from the back, but I think you need to pull that inside foot WAY,WAY, back. I also feel you are trying too hard to keep your legs glued together. I am not suggesting a wide stance by any stretch, but when tipping lead with that inside foot, but don't let it creep forward.

Is it possible to have excessive tip lead if the feet are glued together?
Max_501

Postby serious » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Max_501 wrote:
serious wrote:It is not obvious from the back, but I think you need to pull that inside foot WAY,WAY, back. I also feel you are trying too hard to keep your legs glued together. I am not suggesting a wide stance by any stretch, but when tipping lead with that inside foot, but don't let it creep forward.

Is it possible to have excessive tip lead if the feet are glued together?

Good point. :D What I meant is that the feet are glued together thought the transition, when I would expect the inside leg to lead with some aggressive tipping. Instead, the tails are getting displaced in some of the turns. But the tip lead that follows also has to be addressed.
serious

Return to Movement Analysis and Video