MA request for Andras

MA request for Andras

Postby hdrew » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to have your opinion and comments on my skiing.

I have not got the chance to attend a camp or learn from PMTS instructor. I am learning on my own fromt HH's books and videos for three years now with just 1-2 weeks a year on snow.

I am determined to learn PMTS, please tell me what I am doing good and not so good.

and the same in slow motion

and the same in slow motion

So far I was working on phantom move, get rid of up-down movement and clean carved turns. I was able to ski the steeper blues the same way as on the videos.

My ultimate goal is the BPST but I am not shure ready for that. Could somebody explain to me the difference between skidded turns and brushed carved turns?

Thank you.
Andras
hdrew

Re: MA request for Andras

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:05 pm

I prescribe garlands (as prescribed in the DVDs), wide stance traverse drills transitioning into power release drills... as well as boot touch in transition drills.

Increase tipping and flexing to release.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby ToddW » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Could somebody explain to me the difference between skidded turns and brushed carved turns?

In skidded turns, the tails slip sideways ("wash out") more than the tips. In brushed carves, the skis also slip to the side a little during a turn but the tip and tail slip / "brush across the snow" the same amount ... the tail still follows the path established by the tip as in edge locked carving.

The brushed carve is the result of applying all of the PMTS essential movements well. It is a goal that you will slowly get closer and closer to as you develop the essentials -- your non-carved turns will become less skidded and closer to brushed.
ToddW

Postby hdrew » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 pm

HeluvaSkier,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will do several runs for each drill in the future.

ToddW,

Thank you for the explanation. You pointed right to that little detail I needed.

Andras
hdrew

Return to Movement Analysis and Video