July Carver MA for Gepardi

July Carver MA for Gepardi

Postby Gepardi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:11 am

Hi
I’m on holiday in Eastern Finland and have found a local road useful for my carving. Here are a couple of runs with a spontaneous intermission provided by my daughter! Comments on what needs work on in order for me to progress will, as always, be gratefully received. If there are particular drills you know that will support change and improvement in areas that you suggest I work on, do please reference them for me. During my carving practice I normally spend about 85% of the time doing drills and 15% doing runs, so your focused drill suggestions will not be wasted! Many thanks and best wishes for the summer!

Gepardi

Re: July Carver MA for Gepardi

Postby Max_501 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Goal - establish balance over the outside foot.

Things to work on. Inside foot tipping. Narrow the stance. CA/CB. Hand/pole usage.
Max_501

Re: July Carver MA for Gepardi

Postby Gepardi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks again Max, this is so valuable.
I had spotted the pole and hand/arm issue and how it messes my attempts at CB/CA. Narrowing the stance and increasing inside foot tipping - I agree are also needed.
Having replayed the vid after your post, your suggested goal of establishing balance over the outside foot is succinct and I reckon is the required prescription!
I've got a clear focus for the next month and have plenty to work on!
Just how I like it!:D
Gepardi

Return to Movement Analysis and Video