MA front view and back view Jepoupatout

Re: MA front view and back view Jepoupatout

Postby jepoupatout » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:28 am

Do you have a video demonstrating that exercise?
jepoupatout

Postby jbotti » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:47 am

I don't but I can get you some next season.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby jepoupatout » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 am

Will be great,
thanks
jepoupatout

Postby cheesehead » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm

A few months ago there was some "instructional mogul video" posted and I criticized the style of skiing they were doing. Some replies seemed to say that I was being overly critical. This style of mogul skiing is what I would like to see and emulate -- staying in balance with essential ski movements and working the bumps into that type of skiing. I don't have the skills to MA any further than that, other than to say "good job."
--- aka John Carey
Madison, Wisconsin
cheesehead

Postby jepoupatout » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks Cheesehead, I don't ski regularly the moguls ( third time this year) however the PMTS technic helped me a lot to keep the control and have fun.
jepoupatout

Postby h.harb » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Some very positive improvements since the beginning. Are you on the CSIA Demo Team, same colors?

You have really slowed the energy you are using to create the arcs. However, there is a point right at your transition, where you are still pushing instead of flexing. Suck up your legs rather than pushing (extending), and tip while you are sucking up. Before the end of next season, you will be skiing better than the CSIA Demo Team. I have proof.
h.harb

Postby jepoupatout » Sun May 01, 2011 4:17 pm

I am not with CSIA and have no intention to do so. I have the same color but i bought my suit 2 years ago before they copied me :wink:
I am not interested to ski like them but i want to be a strong PMTS skier. The tehnic is fun to learn, interesting and i like the style . It is marginal in my area but i don't care , i like to have control, stability and be efficient when i ski. I don't like to ski with extension any more, it is too confusing and not efficient.
jepoupatout

Postby jepoupatout » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:58 am

New video Two Footed Release, what could be done to improve the drill, any comment will be appreciated.

Last edited by jepoupatout on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jepoupatout

Postby Max_501 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Hold the flex (from the release) into the new turn. Can you see a small up movement sneaking in there? More CA.
Max_501

Postby jepoupatout » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:05 am

Hi Max, before i read your reply i went to ski last evening and was doing more CA and CB and by doing so i had by default to hold the flex more long time at the release. Even my weak side (turn to the right) globally improve. Thanks for your comment , you confirmed what i thought to be part of the problem. I'll post a new video of TFR very soon, yesterday i was able to have a better movement and was a lot quicker.
jepoupatout

Postby jepoupatout » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi i've added a new video i took before Max comment and i understand that CA and CB are weak and that hold the flex is necessary. However, on my turns to the left at 7 and 22 sec i did my best turns of the year in a black run. Any thought about it.

Last edited by jepoupatout on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jepoupatout

Postby HighAngles » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm certainly no master at MA, but I played your video over and over (even in slow mo) and I just don't think you're flexing to release. It sure looks like you're using an up move to accomplish the release, but please wait for confirmation from one of our forum gurus.
HighAngles

Postby Max_501 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 pm

When it comes time to release, flex the outside leg so it matches the flex of the inside leg. Hold that flex through transition and into the top of the new turn. Tip the inside foot ALOT while sucking up that inside leg. This leads to big angles. At the same time allow the outside leg to extend. When the skis are in the fall line the outside leg should be extended in arcs this size. Is yours?
Max_501

Postby jepoupatout » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks Max & HighAngle, i've noticed the difference when i was skiing today in all my run. I thought i was flexing the right way to release but i wasn't. I stll need fine tuning but it will come. It is always challenging to learn without a coach but a chance that i can have very good comment from the forum. I've planned in january 2013 to participate to The Super Blue Camp, so, i would like to improve my level significantly before attending that camp. When skiing in the black run today at Mont-St-Anne in Quebec i was a little anxious, doing the release as Max proposed me to do accelerate my speed in all segment of those turn, it was all new for me and very impressive. I knew i was practicing the right way by the comments from the people skiing with me that noticed the difference, i was faster and a lot quicker with flexing and tipping crossing the transition from one turn to the next. Blue slope as green are very good to practice drill and when it comes to do free skiing, the black run show you your plus and minus, today i did more plus .
Thanks again
jepoupatout

Postby Max_501 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 am

Have you tried the power release drill? Ask one of your friends to watch these videos, take note of the amount of flex (knees at 90 degrees bent), and then have them tell you if you are flexing the same amount? Also, look at the outside leg extension and try to match that when doing the drill.

Intermediate version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olkPIEbH42w

Advanced version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SC8A4SwoqA

Max_501

PreviousNext

Return to Movement Analysis and Video