MA Power release Christian

MA Power release Christian

Postby jepoupatout » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:49 pm

I tried to do the Power Release , it didn't work as expected but it showed more flexing.
When you observe past the fall line my position deteriorate and i am not sure why.
All comment appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/user/jepoupatout ... doFPCiW6Gg
http://www.youtube.com/user/jepoupatout ... utQH3cn6uM
jepoupatout

Re: MA Power release Christian

Postby idahorob » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:24 pm

It looks to me like you get too far back on your skis after the apex of the turn. Is that what you think is happening?

However, this looks more like a long-leg/short-leg drill than what I understand as a power release. I believe the power release calls for a wider stance (for drill purposes only, not for general skiing) and the idea of bringing that inside knee into your arm pit (well, closer anyway). Keep increasing tipping throughout the arc.

Did you do this with single arcs before you tried linking turns? If so, did you have the same issues with it?
No matter where you go, there you are.
idahorob

Postby jepoupatout » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:39 pm

When the trail is flat i don't have the same issue, i tried to tip very hard but i was not able to hold it. Am i too far back past the fall line, i don't think so, i don't hold my weight on the back of the boot. As soon as start the exercise i take a lot of speed and because of that i cannot tip enough and i do again long curve. When you look at my knees sometimes i have a A frame, sometimes not but not for long. I wonder if i lack of CA past the fall line, i noticed that occasionnally my ski diverged past the fall line and my position become more square. My inside knee move in and out the turn.
That's really weird
jepoupatout

Postby jepoupatout » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

I think that one of my biggest problem is that even if i tried very hard to tip i have very limited result. I tried stationary tipping on snow and in front of the mirror and everything look fine but as soon as i am in a green to blue slope it become harder and harder .
jepoupatout

Postby MonsterMan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:08 pm

I see your stance leg is fully, (over), extending in, (at the start),of the high C.

I think you are practicing the wrong moves.

Did you work through the drills? You may learn more here by posting video of the drills to make sure you are doing them correctly. e.g. Wide stance over exaggerated garlands with power releases.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby jepoupatout » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:30 pm

MonsterMan, probably you are right, next time i will post drill from an easy terrain and see what happen.
jepoupatout

Postby MonsterMan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:51 pm

MonsterMan, probably you are right, next time i will post drill from an easy terrain and see what happen.

Not too easy, you need a bit of pitch to get the power release happening easily.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby jepoupatout » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:15 am

I checked again my video, past the fall line i have a tendency to lose my CB, my hip turn square and my inside ski diverge, the inside arm also drop at the same time. I think if i hold my tipping until the end of the turn as my CB i will end the turn with a better CA. Finally when i will flex i will be in a better position to start the new turn and have abetter control in the high C. Does it make sense?
jepoupatout

Return to Movement Analysis and Video