A Short (unfortunately!) Bump Ski MA

A Short (unfortunately!) Bump Ski MA

Postby ginaliam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 am

UGh! This is one of the rare videos of me skiing bumps-and I'm told the camera stop working midway through. Oh well-it's short but it shows enough for critical feedback.

This was shot on the upper-portion of the skier's right side (never groomed) of Outer Limits at good ole' Killington. K-ton used to boast that this was the steepest bump run in the East...it wasn't true, but that's what they claimed-it's steep and certainly as challenging as a bump run needs to be, but a hair or two shy of the upper bumps on Starr and Goat at Stowe, Liftline at Castlerock, and a few others.

None the less, it was funky and challenging back in mid-march.

My own MA-1. Starts off end of first turn way too aft w/ no foot pull back. Late pole plants and dragging hands. And man do I have an insubstantial flexing move (to release or absorb!) You'd think my legs were made of continuous planks of wood! I nail one or two turns-the best being the one were my whole body, except my feet exits the camera view and I pop back in at the end. The video was supposed to follow me down the whole run (which is long enough to be quite a work out) but, alas, it ends as I approach the filmographer.

Here it is-short, mildly sweet:

http://vimeo.com/10579116

I'll get maybe two more spring days in this season-I'll try to get one long run for MA.

Thanks
ginaliam

Re: A Short (unfortunately!) Bump Ski MA

Postby Max_501 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:40 pm

I concur on the need for more absorption/extension. Also, take a look at the amount of upper body rotation into the new turn.
Max_501

Re: A Short (unfortunately!) Bump Ski MA

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Max_501 wrote:I concur on the need for more absorption/extension.

Agreed. Take note of timing of those movements as well... right now your timing is nearly opposite of what PMTS teaches.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Return to Movement Analysis and Video