MA for A.L.E

Re: MA for A.L.E

Postby MonsterMan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:43 pm

You're letting your horizontal stance width get too wide.

Is it ok on the flats doing the railway tracks? or too wide even then?
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby Max_501 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:07 pm

When focusing on rrtrack type tipping drills its not uncommon to see a bit more width, but when you start carving you want to bring the inside foot horizontally close to the stance leg.
Max_501

Postby A.L.E » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:49 am

mmmmmmmm, too much stance width...... 2 steps forward one step back in understanding. I should really have analysed that one myself! I was close when I said, it was compensating for lack of other CB movements.

I probably got carried away with the feeling of inside ski pressure when doing slow rail road track tipping drills on the flats and took that into my general carving movements. It was a pretty cool feeling and seemed to have benefits in raising my inside pelvis more level.

Thanks Serious and Max.
A.L.E

Postby MonsterMan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:56 am

There is no way I could ski wearing man fur boots.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby A.L.E » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 am

Mate you are a stalker, you rang me at 3am on my first night in CO after my 24 hr slog from Oz, ya bastard.

The fact you wont admit those 2 sizes too small, agony inducing Heads you squeeze into, just so you can drink shots with Harald, means it's all your problem to wince over.

My man fur with Hotronics are the real deal, ski from first chair to last. Something you can only dream about.

Diana tells me you mumbled something about a sore knee in Austria and had three days in the bar. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was the boots.
Last edited by A.L.E on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A.L.E

Postby geoffda » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 am

Do not fear to admire the man fur!
geoffda

Postby A.L.E » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Hey Monster we gotta move to Summit County, we are being left behind by this gang.

SteveCo, JMD and Geoffda are all skiing brilliantly. Geoff has absolutely moved into the realm of those that can walk the talk.

You and I are just a couple of mumblers. We is on the slow road, 10 days a year might not quite get us to PMTS god like status like we discussed. :shock:
A.L.E

Postby geoffda » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks ALE & don't sell yourself short. You fit right in with our posse. You and Monster are welcome to move out and assume full-time member status.
geoffda

Postby CO_Steve » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:43 pm

A.L.E wrote:Hey Monster we gotta move to Summit County, we are being left behind by this gang.

SteveCo, JMD and Geoffda are all skiing brilliantly. Geoff has absolutely moved into the realm of those that can walk the talk.

You and I are just a couple of mumblers. We is on the slow road, 10 days a year might not quite get us to PMTS god like status like we discussed. :shock:

Lesser god status is still very desirable. We get 10 days in two weeks.
CO_Steve

Postby A.L.E » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:05 am

Your right Steve, lessor god status still outdoes the ski school by a mile. But it's Monster's fault, he told me we could be gods with ten days a year on snow!! .................He believes everything Jay tells him when they are doing shots at Hintertux.
A.L.E

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video