Help wanted to find plastic wedges to try different alignmen

PMTS Forum

Help wanted to find plastic wedges to try different alignmen

Postby Mr. T » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:16 pm

I do not really need them. Harald, actually Diana fit my boots some time ago. But a friend of mine who lives in Europe thinks that he has a stance problem and wanted to play with his boots before getting any work done on them. He is looking for those plastic wedges (shims?) to put under the boots but nobody can or want to give them to him. I am going to a store
to see if they can sell me a few of the shims used between ski and binding to make them flat under the boots. Any idea where else I could look for this kind of objects? Thank you in advance for your help.

Mr. T
Mr. T

Re: Help wanted to find plastic wedges to try different alig

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:48 pm

Mr. T wrote:I do not really need them. Harald, actually Diana fit my boots some time ago. But a friend of mine who lives in Europe thinks that he has a stance problem and wanted to play with his boots before getting any work done on them. He is looking for those plastic wedges (shims?) to put under the boots but nobody can or want to give them to him. I am going to a store
to see if they can sell me a few of the shims used between ski and binding to make them flat under the boots. Any idea where else I could look for this kind of objects? Thank you in advance for your help.

Mr. T

It may not be quite what he's looking for, but I've found you can make up pretty much what you want using self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles. You can cut shapes from them with a stout pair of scissors, and as the ones I was using were about 1/20" (1.25mm) thick, I could layer them to build pretty well any kind of shim, of any thickness. The self-adhesive nature is very handy, and the things cost next to nothing, so you can freely experiment with them.

I'm sure this will sweep the skiing world - don't forget you read it here first!

JM

Postby BigE » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:24 pm

IIRC, Marker sells them. They should be available at any decent shop.

Hope this helps.
BigE

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:53 am

Take a credit card. Cut iit in half, so you have two long strips. Tape it to the bottom of your boot heel with duct tape, either on the inner side if you're knock-kneed or the outer side if you're bowlegged. Watch out, the duct tape will make your heel more slippery than usual. Repeat as needed.

Be sure and use the credit card with the highest interest rate.

Randy

Postby JohnMoore » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:36 am

Anonymous wrote:Take a credit card. Cut it in half, so you have two long strips...

I used to have an account with the woeful Bank of America, and such was the difficulty I had actually getting any of my money out of my account with the ATM card that on one cross-country skiing holiday, I used it to scrape the excess grip wax from the base of my skis. Highly effective. I don't think I ever tried its more normal use again after that.

JM
JohnMoore

Mr. T

Postby Mr. T » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:18 pm

Thank you everybody for the suggestions. I will dutifully report to my friend.
Mr. T

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System