un-official PMTS ski training

PMTS Forum

un-official PMTS ski training

Postby Heyoka » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:47 am

I'm skiing with Faisal and Mike M from epic. I skied with jbotti yesterday. We're doing great. They're following me, I'm talking about PMTS. It's great. Harald. I sold 2 books and videos for you -- Faisal bought 1 and 2.

jobotti and I made turns yesterday at the Beav. jbotti is getting way better, fast. In just 1 afternoon, I saw huge gains in his confidence and in his turns. Harald and company would be proud (i think); jbotti and I were working on drills, then we would go ski. We did garland stepping, "collapse, tap tap tap". We skied tourist bumps, really funky snow. jbotti had a blast and the mountain wasn't even all the way open. jbotti is going to be rippin it up. Now when I ski Ripsaw I'll think of jbotti. I can see him now in the sunlight, big ole smile.

Faisal is also gaining confidence, will be ripping soon too. Faisal is still trying " a little of this, a little of that". I'm trying to break him of this, focus him entirely on PMTS. Faisal is going to the Academy, so he's bound to be shown the opposite of what I'ven been showing him. Unless, he gets hooked up with Arc or Eric. D. Faisal. Don't ski with anyone else but Arc or Eric D! I got mad at Faisal last year because he wouldn't focus on PMTS. I may have to put my foot down again.

Mike_M talks about some similar stuff, but it's not PMTS. Yes, you can tell a skier "hands in front". But "two knuckles up" is way more exact. I can keep "hands in front" and have my hands wrong. But if I think "two knuckles up", my hands can only be in one place -- the right place. If I don't have two knuckles up I instantly know there's a problem; "Danger danger, Will Robbins". One would think, that after all these gin joints, I'd have found at least one move that I use outside of PMTS. I haven't.

Anyway, I'm having a blast skiing with y'all. I get energy from it. See you soon,
Heyoka

Postby onyxjl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:52 pm

Your enthusiasm makes you sound like a ton of fun to ski with Heyoka. Hopefully if I make it out your way I'll get the chance sometime...
onyxjl

thanks

Postby Heyoka » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:49 am

"On Donner on Vixen!",

You know where to find me. :lol:
Heyoka

UNOFFICIAL PMTS better than most others

Postby Harald » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:38 pm

I am very pleased with your enthusiasm on the forum and the results with your skiing. Keep up the teaching, looks like you are having success.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System