What a surprise

PMTS Forum

What a surprise

Postby ToddW » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:37 pm

I’ve been doing the cleanup that accompanies every move to a new home, and I discovered a very old pair of Surefoot footbeds. For years, they served as doorstops before I lost track of them. They have the date they were made and the signature of the “technician” who made them proudly displayed on the underside. But they don’t have any give or design to let my foot joints do their work. I’ve taken the Harb alignment technician training and lent a hand in making a few pair of my own footbeds, so I have an idea now of what works for my feet. Back in my Surefoot days, I sometimes got severe foot cramps and I didn’t ski well at all. Looking at those beds, it’s now a wonder to me that I could ski at all. The Surefoot beds will not be making the move to my new home.

Sometimes you have to take a look at the alternatives to realize just how good you’ve got it. The folks at HSS are truly balance miracle workers.
ToddW

Re: What a surprise

Postby jbotti » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:42 am

But were they good doorstops?
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: What a surprise

Postby ToddW » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:50 am

:lol: Only as long as I was frustrated with Surefoot. Over the years, my frustration faded and so did the footbeds’ psychological value as doorstops.
ToddW

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System