Holding free foot back

PMTS Forum

Holding free foot back

Postby famattjr » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:46 am

One thing puzzles me. The most helpful thing for me is the idea of holding the skis back by contracting the hamstrings, especially pulling and holding back the “new” inside ski. Esp page 64 of Expert Skier II. “The tendency I see if for skiers let…the new free foot… slide ahead.” But any time you see a good skier, by after the fall line the inside ski is ahead. That knee has to get out of the way. I just wonder what the explanation is for this. Just continue to hold that ski back and let the rest take care of itself?

After a half hour trying to figure out how to post a picture I gave up. You hit "Img" or "Url" it just posts those 3 letters.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EJ7dvGFnMcKzkYS96
famattjr

Re: Holding free foot back

Postby Max_501 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:54 am

A small amount of tip lead is normal. HH's knee is forward in that pic because he is flexing/bending the inside leg. And CA will move the inside hip forward.

More here: Inside Foot Pullback
Max_501

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:35 am

It's rarely a puzzle. This is as far back as you can hold the inside boot If you can achieve half of this amount of pullback, you'll never have a fore/aft issue.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:09 am

http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2021/08/the-worlds-best-skiers-ski-with-worlds.html

If you can keep your inside foot back, by even half this amount back, you will never have a fore/aft issue. Why are you trying to justify your lead foot moving forward based on this photo? My foot isn't moving forward it is staying back with this amount of lead? The issue is can you hold your foot back even a fraction of this amount?
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System