Wrapped up the Blue/Dark Blue Camp

PMTS Forum

Wrapped up the Blue/Dark Blue Camp

Postby tigernbr » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:46 pm

I want to thank Harald, Diana, Walker and all the coaches for the work they did for the camp. I also want to thank all the coaches, Geoff, Bob and in particular, Dick and Ebbie. I was not in Geoff's or Bob's groups but I know they did an outstanding job. I started the week with Dick as my coach for the first 3 days and then Ebbie for the last 2. I can say first hand, they are both excellent coaches. Dick helped me get my ski legs back and helped me work on my CA, CB and tipping. Ebbie continued that work and threw in turn transitions. Diana popped in from time to time to add her keen insights. Just an overall unbelievable experience.

I am from the deep south so I don't get the number of days on the mountain I would like. Still, my goal was to make significant progress this camp. My first two camps (green/blue and blue/dark blue) were great but I had not skied for nearly 20 years and those camps were spent with me just trying to figure things out. I was timid on the mountain and just a hot mess. This year, I got a pair of Harb Carvers and was determined to show significant improvement in camp. From the feedback I got from Diana, Dick and Ebbie, I think I accomplished my goal. I know I have more work to do but new goals are good. I will continue to work using my carvers and can't wait for camp next year. Again, thanks to everyone at HSS.

For those of you who are on the fence about attending a camp, allow me to push you off. GO TO A CAMP. You won't regret it.

Ted
tigernbr

Re: Wrapped up the Blue/Dark Blue Camp

Postby tigernbr » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:56 am

My apologies to Spark for not mentioning him above. I was drinking beer, eating lasagna, and watching the Olympics while posting. Obviously, my multitasking skills are limited. Spark was kind enough to ski with me Sunday before camp. We skied for about 5 or 6 hours and Spark's feedback and coaching were crucial for me to establish a base on which to build during camp. If you ever get a chance to ski with Spark, do it! Thanks again!

Ted
tigernbr

Re: Wrapped up the Blue/Dark Blue Camp

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:36 pm

Thanks for the great comments. The camps are always getting better. The coaching is beyond this world of skiing as most people realize or understand it. Our coaches get better every year. We monitor this, and we train and train, and it works. I can't tell you how much fun it is to watch the skiers in our camps. To me it doesn't matter whether I'm coaching a group or moving from group to group, it is a sear pleasure watching the improvement, the joy, and the fun taking place.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System