How did you discover PMTS?

PMTS Forum

How did you discover PMTS?

Postby tigernbr » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:01 am

For me, I started skiing in my 20's. I skied quite a bit but then life got in the way and I didn't ski for about 20 years. Before I came back to skiing, I wanted to relearn how to ski so that I could get out of the intermediate rut. I did some searching on the internet and it led me to Lito Tejada-Flores. I bought his books and read them all. Lito mentioned a few skiers in his books that he admired and he featured them in his videos. One of the skiers was Harald Harb. Another quick internet search and I discovered HSS and the camps. How did you discover PMTS?
Last edited by tigernbr on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigernbr

Re: How did you discover PMTS?

Postby geezer skier » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:13 am

That's exactly how I discovered PMTS, as well!
geezer skier

Postby jbotti » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:52 am

Started skiing in Dec 2002. Fell in love and got addicted. Starting reading everything I could about skiing and gear. Found Peter Keelty's site Realskiers.com and read everything voraciously there. There was a link to HH's website where I went and did the free online lesson (I was given the wedge blocker exercise). Was immediately hooked and bought the books. After a month or two I started talking to Peter on the phone about gear and other things. Told him how blown away I was by HH's stuff. Peter introduced me to Harald and I booked 3 days of lessons for me and my wife with Harald and Diana for December of 03. I wish I had video of my skiing from that lesson (or maybe not :D ). It had to have been really ugly!! Did my first camp in February of 04 and all mountain camp at A-Basin.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby midwif » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:13 am

My introduction almost exactly parallels JBotti.
Fell in love with skiing in the late nineties. A few PSIA lessons along the way. Stuck in wedge turns and wanted more.
Found Peter Kelty's site, then HH's wedge blocker short video. Immediately knew this made sense. Took a camp at in early 2000's, aligned with new boots.
Next year, came with better skis. Small improvements, kept working on stuff.
Usually do a yearly camp, have done a number of privates thru the years with Hintermeister, HH, Diana.
They are all great, each in slightly different ways, which can be really beneficial.
I'll never be a great skier, but I enjoy the journey.
If I don't feel like I am working at improving, I don't enjoy it nearly as much.
midwif

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System