Harald's Blog: Petra Vlhova and World Cup Skiing Analysis

PMTS Forum

Harald's Blog: Petra Vlhova and World Cup Skiing Analysis

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 am

For those who haven't seen it yet, Harald has put a very detailed post on his blog that breaks down his observations from the Levi SL. Fantastic post.

Link: http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2020/ ... -2020.html
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Re: Harald's Blog: Petra Vlhova and World Cup Skiing Analysi

Postby h.harb » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:54 am

Thanks, That post was written after Levi. It's interesting to note that I called Leinberger "the most consistent and cleanest of the skiers." I guess that has been proven true. She will win a race, she's too good not to. The Rossi boots and skis have been great in slalom Men and women, especially in the warmer salted, softer snow. When it gets hard and icy with cold temps, the Atomic comes back. Head is still trying to figure out slalom, often the skis are off on the tune like with the men at Zagreb. The first day no one on Head could hold an edge. Pinturault was 18th after the first run. The second day he was 3rd. Someone sharped his edges. Foss-Solveig was brilliant in both runs so soft onto the edges in transition and cutting clean arcs, you could hear it, no harsh noises from his skis. he's the only one on Dalbello who has figured it out. Gross and Pertl have regressed with Dalbello. Ryding is back on Fischer boots they suit his way of skiing much better than Lange did.
h.harb

Re: Harald's Blog: Petra Vlhova and World Cup Skiing Analysi

Postby thatguy_onthehill » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:18 am

Harald, you also called it regarding the effectiveness of a narrow stance. It is refreshing to see that course sets are more aligned with today's technology creating the need for more refined movements. I wonder is the softer snow conditions are also a contributor?

It is wonderful to watch the aesthetics of modern ski racing, both GS and SL. If the evolution continues, I believe that young skiers will again aspire to "ski like a racer," rather than discount the technique as "only good for racing and race skis."
thatguy_onthehill

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System