Gathering redux

PMTS Forum

Postby SLAVA » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:16 pm

i'm gettng old ..keep forgeting login like Ott... :lol:
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Postby Ott Gangl » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:25 pm

>>> I show up to ski, like this past weekend. But honestly, no one would ski with me. What kind of crap is that? It's bs, that's what it is. <<<

SCSA, I'm appalled, you went to Loveland on Saturday or Sunday and non of the folks there for their get-together would ski with you? Just what happened?

.......Ott
Ott Gangl

Postby *SCSA » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:36 pm

Hey Ott,

I'm not goin there. I've talked enough about that...crapola.

Let's get back to this race camp, which I do wanna talk about. First of all, I wanna apologize to the he/she/its. I dunno what the fluck I was thinkin. :roll: Ride bikes after skiing? Carvers? Say what?

There's one thang (Rusty) to do after turns, that's it. Apres. I'm not bringing my bike, I'll have a hard enough time getting my tools there.

I'm calling Mason now. If he doesn't have a place on the hill by now, we will by the time I hang up.

I'm goin to this race camp. But I'm not a racer, don't wanna be.
So there you go.
*SCSA

Slava - can you check out that house?

Postby John Mason » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:24 pm

We don't have anything yet - a 4 bedroom house in gov. camp. sounds awesome.

Unless it's only got one bathroom.

So, pm me the info with your contact info if you get the chance.

I can't wait to do some turns up there again. SCSA's never been. He'll love the complete lack of vertical reference. He won't like the lack of size, trails, etc. but - hey, it's a race camp!

And - Timberline Lodge, that's a fun tour and good eating anytime. They don't build them like that anymore!

I see they are still getting actual snow 7000 up this week. The last two times I went, we couldn't ski down to the hotel/parking lot, but only 1/2 way - which was a pain, or deadhead down lift , which was a pain. June could be quite fun. The other 2 times were August.
John Mason

Postby Max_501 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:10 pm

Any of you guys ever stay at the Timberline lodge? If so how is it?
Max_501

Postby SLAVA » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:14 am

Max ,
stay at Timberline lodge is one of the kind experience. if you don't mind to pay $100 or more per night .
lodge has been built in 1933 I believe or so... it's like a museum. you will like it.
looking forward too meet you at the camp.

best
Slava
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Timberline Lodge

Postby John Mason » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:37 am

You can check it out at http://www.timberlinelodge.com

It was built as a "make work" goverment project in the depression. It has carvings all over the place. They have a room with a loop video running showing the history and construction.

As far as actually staying there, they have a first floor (to the left as you come in) "chalet" rooms. These are like dorm rooms and you will be bunked up with other mt hood racers. The rest rooms are shared for multiple rooms there.

All the other floors are rooms kept in their "historic" style meaning the furnishings are a blast from the past.

They are also expensive. Check out that website for pricing. The "fireplace" rooms are the best but the most money.

There is not air conditioning. The windows have no screens. The rooms can gather a lot of heat during the sun of the day and can take a while to cool off at night becuase of the massive stone walls. The rooms have an old fashion floor fan in the closet that you can prop into the open window to get the temp under control for sleeping. There are minimal insects at that altitude so the lack of screens were never a problem.

All the rooms I've stayed in - the plumbing - has a "start and stop" effect. It's like the pluming has some "slack" to it. But you would stay there because it's "quaint" not because it's modern.

The restruants are great! Late night there is a bar on the 3rd floor that you can still order food from. There is also a bar/eatery tucked to the right as you come in on the ground floor that was a wood shed at one time. They have great pizza. The 2nd floor has a fine restruant. The views of hood out the back of the hotel are fantastic. On a clear day looking the other way you can see down into CA barely. It's just a big line of volcanoes.

Here is a link to some pics from my first camp aug 2003: There are some lodge pics in it. Once you get to the site, click a pic for captions and slide show.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/331D3D5CD131378
John Mason

Postby Guest/jbotti » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:25 am

Awesome pics John. It's clear we will all have a blast this year. JB.
Guest/jbotti

Postby Max_501 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:26 am

The lack of air conditioning is a bummer. Can't sleep in the heat. Anyone got any other suggestions for hotels? I'll have a car so driving isn't an issue.
Max_501

Postby SLAVA » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:51 pm

Max,
we got a house right at GC 3 bedroom 2 bath sleeps 10
who stays:

ME, John Mason, Jay, SCSA
you wanna join us?
tak a look at this link this is the house. http://www.cyberrentals.com/OR/LiviOR.html

best ,
Slava
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System