My report

PMTS Forum

Re: My report

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 am

noobSkier wrote:Thanks geoffda! We are planning a trip in August, can you recommend a ski for some of the off-piste areas? I only have slalom skis.

:lol:

You're asking the guy who skis his SL skis everywhere about not skiing an SL ski everywhere. :wink:
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby noobSkier » Wed May 01, 2019 11:28 am

Thats pretty funny, but surely he doesn't ski waist deep pow with SL skis? I have skied up to 30" with my SS kers and its slowwww!
noobSkier

Postby geoffda » Mon May 06, 2019 5:47 pm

heluvaskier wrote:
noobSkier wrote:
noobSkier wrote:
Thanks geoffda! We are planning a trip in August, can you recommend a ski for some of the off-piste areas? I only have slalom skis.

:lol:

You're asking the guy who skis his SL skis everywhere about not skiing an SL ski everywhere. :wink:

noobSkier wrote:Thats pretty funny, but surely he doesn't ski waist deep pow with SL skis? I have skied up to 30" with my SS kers and its slowwww!

Heluva FTW!

Well...I don't actually own anything with a waist wider than 68mm. I would have skied that 30" dump of wet glop that we got with my slalom skis, but they took so long to open the mountain that I lost interest. We almost never get big dumps in CO and when we do, it gets skied out so quickly that I just don't see the point in a wider ski. That said, for Portillo, I'd probably be looking to bring a second ski with a waist in the high 80s or low 90s. I just have no idea what that ski would be, so I'd be asking Max_501 or JBotti...
geoffda

Postby h.harb » Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 am

We have has 2, 30 inch dumps since we have been here my only ski iSpeed 170.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System