Taking the Red Pill

PMTS Forum

Re: Taking the Red Pill

Postby tangem1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Thank you for the guidance, Harald. Sounds like we’re on the right track then. I have read the books, the blog and the forum. In addition to that, since I can’t really demonstrate I have loaded the videos to my phone and then at the hill we review the drills and then work through them together. As for the alignment, we will be out to your shop for a proper boot fitting again next month.
tangem1

Postby gozoogle » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 am

h.harb wrote:Some will be told by the coaches, your kid just doesn't have the talent, and that's the end of it. However, if the kid then goes to college he all of a sudden after even one year can ski well beyond his previous ability. There are obviously things happening in college that don't happen at the US Ski Team or in the Academies. The word to the wise is, save your money, stay home, train at home, go to college.

What are some of the top college programs? I’ve heard Dartmouth runs a good program... any truth to that?
gozoogle

Postby h.harb » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 am

I've watched the Dartmouth program for decades. I've sent many an athlete that I coached to Dartmouth. To me, it's the best non-scholarship ski team. They are competitive with the top teams. The top teams are UVM, DU, CU. The head coach at Dartmouth is a personal friend, Peter Dodge. HE has some world cup athletes and he brings them to our shop to get their boots checked. Peter does a great job with that as well.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System