Influence of flexing on hip-CA

PMTS Forum

Re: Influence of flexing on hip-CA

Postby RRT » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Check it out on the Angry Mother 1 Counteracting eVideo which adddresses the question very specifically at minute 4:16 on, i.e., holding the counteracting through the release until the edge change and then the very deliberate turn or counter to the new edges.

https://harbskisystems.com/collections/ ... ing-evideo
RRT

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Hmm. You may be correct. I was fairly certain, however, that what we were talking about in camp was a tensing of the outside leg blocking movement at the hips and therefore limiting both CA/CB. If I'm not making sense,
WOW! Did you ever get mixed up? Please be less certain! Does "fairly certain", mean you are not too sure? If that is the case, you are right.

Seriously though, I have never heard this terminology you wrote in any PMTS teaching. Tensing the outside leg to block the movements of the hip? Where does this come from???? Sounds like PSIA! Confusing as hell. That is not PMTS, at least not anything I have ever written.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Wow, over thinking can really get you in trouble!
h.harb

Postby ErikCO » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Thank you Harald and Max for the clarifications. And Harald, the description that I gave was of the WRONG movement, i.e. the non-pmts movement that I (and several others in my group) we're doing. So you are right that it is a remnant from PSIA teaching that needs to be erradicated and replaced with a correct movement. Sorry if I gave the impression that the movement I was describing was a PMTS movement. And yes, I am a little prone to overthinking things.
ErikCO

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:18 pm

It's all good we learn.
h.harb

Postby tigernbr » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:52 am

Holding the CA until I made the edge change was by far the biggest step I took in my last camp. Mind blowing how that simple sounding thing can be so difficult to do correctly but can yield so much benefit to your skiing.
tigernbr

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System