Harald on facebook

PMTS Forum

Harald on facebook

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:08 pm

I just posted a video of Ryding doing free ski concentrated skiing. Very interesting how he has no clue about how to build his missing movements. Check it if you are interested, it has many comments.
h.harb

Re: Harald on facebook

Postby blackthorn » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:58 pm

His technique changes during the video clip. From what I can see, he uses momentum in the steeper section to allow him to flex to release/CA/CB etc. His slow turns show push off and rotation. So many instructors seem to do the same.
His technique "works" initially, then starts to fail as the slope steepens - the skis wash out and wobble, then things come right as he changes and flexes to release etc.
I'm not sure how to post the clip over to this thread, but it is one I'll try and keep to show friends by way of explanation about PMTS.
blackthorn

Re: Harald on facebook

Postby h.harb » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:32 pm

I just posted a follow-up that shows a different way to approach turns. Ryding has had a difficult start to the season. He changed equipment and struggled, he really struggled on Fischer boots last year as did all the Fischer skiers. His last slalom started to come around. Notice in that race he didn't square up in any turns. I don't understand how these skiers focus on slow turns incorrectly, yet can still ski correctly at speed. This has to have a poor influence on a race course at some time during the run.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System