Short a term Camp #1 18

Postby davidpjr » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Fabulous snow.
Fabulous Insruction.
Fabulous Camp
davidpjr

Re: Short a term Camp #1 18

Postby tigernbr » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:10 pm

I just arrived for the blue/dark blue camp. I will have two days of practice on my own before camp starts Monday. AB opened Zuma Bowl today. Unreal.
Last edited by tigernbr on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigernbr

Postby ErikCO » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Some of the best snow I've ever seen this early in the season so enjoy!
ErikCO

Postby geoffda » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 am

davidpjr wrote:Fabulous snow.
Fabulous Insruction.
Fabulous Camp

Glad you had a great camp. It was fun skiing with you! See you next year. It was fun skiing with you too, ErikCO!
geoffda

Postby Max_501 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:18 pm

How about a camp report? They are great reading for those that have yet to find their way to a camp.
Max_501

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Camp report: Amazing progress, I am very impressed with the skiing in the groups. Not only the top groups but the wedge Christie groups were skiing beautiful parallel turns by the end of the week. Most of our groups are recreational skiers, (some ski as few as 10 days a season) and they ski better than most PSIA full certs.
h.harb

Postby tigernbr » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:52 pm

The blue/dark blue camp for me was amazing. I am one of the people who has a very limited number of days on the snow each year because of where I live and work. I have to make the most of my time when I do get on snow. I have a long way to go but I feel each year I'm making progress. Last year was my first time on snow in over 17 years. This year, I hit the slopes a couple of days ahead of camp to get my snow legs back. I reviewed everything I learned in the green/blue camp last season and felt a little better going into this season's camp. I won't lie though. The first two or three days were UGLY for me. I stuck with it though and in the afternoons, I spent just about all my time on the training slope at ABasin going over drills repeatedly. I still have a lot of work to do to keep my feet together (thank you PSIA instruction) as I tend to default to a wide stance when challenged with a steeper slope. But I will keep at it. I feel my big learning breakthrough this year was learning how to hold my CA until after I make my edge change and then switch my CA to the other direction. Thank you Don from Welch Village! Once I learned how to do that, my skiing (while still far from perfect) felt so much smoother. Others in my group thought I was nuts for going to the training slope to practice. They felt that they could do the moves better if they were moving faster rather than slower. I told them several times, if you can't do the moves correctly slowly, you can't do the moves correctly quickly. They refused to believe me. I know it is true for me so I will stay the course and learn the right way: each essential, in order and practiced until I can repeat it on demand. Thank you Harald, Diana and all the coaches at the camp for a fantastic week. I plan on returning to a camp next season, work permitting.
tigernbr

Postby h.harb » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 am

Thank you for your report, so glad it became obvious to you how to make progress with your skiing. This is an example of the difference between PMTS with Harb Ski Systems and all other teaching systems. Most of our skiers tell use after taking traditional lessons they are confused and how they didn't see any progress. In this case, a skier knows what to do and knows how to go out on the slopes and properly practice skiing to improve their enjoyment of the sport.

Tigernbr, I would like to post your comments on our web pages, only if that is approved by you? You can email me your response. hrharb@gmail.com
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System