All Mountain Skiing and the BPST

PMTS Forum

All Mountain Skiing and the BPST

Postby Max_501 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Info that should help those interested in all mountain skiing:

Carving Madness

Bullet Proof Short Radius Turns!!

Once again I'll urge readers that are pursuing advanced/expert skiing to heed the following:

Max_501 wrote:Learning PMTS can be very simple if you follow the progression HH has given us. Book 1, Book 2, then Essentials. No need to over analyze or question the steps that HH has laid out in the books and on this forum because they simply work. Nike has a slogon "Just Do It" and that applies here. Just Do It [PMTS] and you will be on the road to expert skiing.

Historically this forum has been used as a distance learning system to supplement the PMTS books, DVDs, and camps.

If you are learning PMTS from a distance then its very helpful to read the books and watch the videos, starting with Expert Skier 1.

Image ImageImage

And if you are attempting to teach others I'd suggest adding the Instructor Manual to your collection

Read this post by Harald Harb written in 2004 - Book Learning
Max_501

Re: All Mountain Skiing and the BPST

Postby noobSkier » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:46 pm

This is so true. Edge-locked carving (although I love it) is practically useless off-piste. Most skiers will never master every condition because its so tempting to only practice what you are good at. There are so many "good" skiers who are just one-trick-ponies.
noobSkier

Re: All Mountain Skiing and the BPST

Postby Vailsteve » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Brushed carve!!

Vailsteve

PS. Harder than it looks...but even in my rudimentary form, makes a huge difference in the back bowls— and on firm crust for that matter (which is what Vail seems to good at this year!)
Vailsteve

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System