Worked through Diana's Indoor Essentials Video

PMTS Forum

Worked through Diana's Indoor Essentials Video

Postby tigernbr » Sat May 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Today was my first time working through the entire video. I was doing well until I hit the counteracting/counterbalancing combo. That was a little more difficult for me and will take some practice. Excited to start practicing and even more excited to attend the Green/Blue camp. Already have my plane tickets and my time reserved for boot purchase and alignment. All I have left is to buy my lift ticket, reserve a 4WD vehicle and reserve a place to stay. What can I say? I'm a planner! :D
tigernbr

Re: Worked through Diana's Indoor Essentials Video

Postby Hobbit » Sat May 20, 2017 5:32 pm

If you are a planner consider getting a season pass as well. A-Basin pass is $369 but I am not sure if you can get it done over the internet (I suspect you can purchase it online but will have to stop by to do the photo). The A-Basin early season tickets will be around $80 and peak season around $100 per day. The Vail one day ticket will be around $200 with their best price guarantee :). The Vail resorts passes can be done over internet (at snow.com) and work in A-Basin with no restrictions. Most people flying to Colorado camps from out of state ski for at least few more days before or after the camp so having the pass is a good idea. If you decide to get the pass do not wait because during the season they won't be available at pre-season prices.
Hobbit
Site Admin

Postby tigernbr » Sat May 20, 2017 5:48 pm

I will keep that in mind for the season after next. I will be at Granby this coming season for the green/blue camp. With work, I won't be able to stay longer than the camp. Trust me, I would if I could. :D
tigernbr

Postby Obrules15 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:00 am

Do reserve your vehicle soon (expensive right now, though) last year I was able to get a 4WD SUV for 6 days for $221 (not joking-from the airport Enterprise) by reserving in June. They basically charged the current low season price despite the fact the reservation for the high season.
Obrules15

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 21, 2017 8:28 am

Wow. That is a great price. I was planning on taking care of the car rental this week or next.
tigernbr

Postby Obrules15 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:32 am

Staff was flabbergasted as the going rate for the vehicle I had was $700 for the same time period. It's still relatively expensive (I think) now because they are still getting snow in the mountains. Abasin just got around 22 inches. I think if you wait 'til mid June (but check often) the price will drop.
Obrules15

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 21, 2017 9:39 am

That's a good idea. A-Basin posted their closing date for this season as June 4. I'll keep checking and hopefully it will get cheaper after that date. I just did a quick check through Avis, National and Enterprise and the cheapest SUV was about $500. I couldn't tell if it was 4WD, AWD or 2WD from the web site. I may have to call them.
tigernbr

Postby NoCleverName » Mon May 22, 2017 6:51 am

A-basin midweek pass is $219!
NoCleverName

Postby DougD » Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm

A great way to save on a Denver vehicle rental is to NOT reserve for pickup at the DIA car rental lot. The rental companies charge HUGE fees for pickups at DIA.

Instead, reserve your vehicle for pickup at a non-airport lot. (Avis, for example, has an easy-to-access lot in nearby Aurora.) After you collect your baggage, just grab a taxi or uber/lyft from DIA to the rental lot. I saved $800 for the cost of a 10 mile taxi ride.

Best of all, you can RETURN the car to the airport lot for no upcharge. That's where they need the cars anyway, so they're happy to accommodate.

WARNING: check the tires on your vehicle before accepting it. 4WD is useless if the car has bald or summer tires. Been there, almost didn't survive it.
DougD

Postby tigernbr » Mon May 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Holy crap! Great tip Doug. I just checked Avis and an intermediate SUV from Aurora with a return to DIA for 7 days is $360. MUCH cheaper than renting from the airport. Any idea what the cost of an uber to Aurora is?
tigernbr

Postby DougD » Mon May 22, 2017 9:01 pm

tigernbr wrote:Any idea what the cost of an uber to Aurora is?
We used a taxi. From memory, it was $30 or so, plus a nice tip for the driver's help in handling ski gear & luggage for two... a negligible cost vs. the savings.

The Uber/Lyft apps should show their fares. IME, Uber works well in Denver. Haven't tried Lyft yet.
DougD

Postby NoCleverName » Wed May 24, 2017 5:39 am

Right now there seems to be no reason to wait or not use the airport ... rented via Southwest an SUV for $340.
NoCleverName

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System