Reilly

PMTS Forum

Reilly

Postby h.harb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:05 pm

We text almost everyday, today it was about flexibility. He uses the indoor PMTS exercises everyday before he goes out to ski.
h.harb

Re: Reilly

Postby blackthorn » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:43 pm

I really enjoyed watching the videos from last year with HH and Reilly. From a nontechnical perspective I thought that the main difference was less fluidity with Reilly which at the time I thought might come from flexibility or maybe a style or "miles on the snow" thing - but just great skiing to watch any which way.
blackthorn

Postby h.harb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:58 am

Unfortunately the day we skied together, we had very different skis. I had 170cm, 14 meter turn ski, and Reilly had a 165cm, 12 meter slalom ski. He was following me so he had to back off his aggression or his ski would have over turned. So there are some differences in our skiing, subtle, but not fundamentally. And remember I was not yet at full strength, I was 10 months out of a knee replacement.
Next time we do this we will be on the same ski dimensions. And we will do leader numerous runs with different leaders.
h.harb

Postby noobSkier » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Harald, I can't help but ask, I know Volkl isn't favoured around here as a PMTS ski, but what is it about Reilly's skiing that makes him prefer being on them?
noobSkier

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:56 pm

noobSkier wrote:Harald, I can't help but ask, I know Volkl isn't favoured around here as a PMTS ski, but what is it about Reilly's skiing that makes him prefer being on them?

Volkl / Dalbello sponsors him to ski on their gear... He's also not on the full-blown race stock product... rather the slightly wider and softer consumer SL ski. Sort of like Volkl's answer to the Head i.SL (non-RD) is what he does a lot of his demo skiing on. The boots are probably the more critical part of his equipment ensemble and I don't think there's any doubt that his boots are working great. Plus the Dalbello boot is very good.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby chris719 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:35 pm

noobSkier wrote:Harald, I can't help but ask, I know Volkl isn't favoured around here as a PMTS ski, but what is it about Reilly's skiing that makes him prefer being on them?

Not good for learning maybe, but when you're as good as Reilly you can probably ski on anything and look good.
chris719

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System