Fun Question

PMTS Forum

Fun Question

Postby patprof65 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:36 am

There is an interesting (and I think fun) question posted on "That Other" (EPIC) ski forum. The question was this: "Who can describe the mechanics of an open parallel turn with the FEWEST words?" Any takers from a PMTS point of view?
Patprof
patprof65

Postby *SCSA » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:52 am

"Pay no attention to that forum behind the curtain".
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:58 am

As punishment for posting such crapola, patprof will now be slapped, then made to write this, 1 zillion times.

"I will read book 1. Because if I had, I would have found the answer to my question, which is, release, transfer, engage".
*SCSA

Postby milesb » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:36 am

We don't do open parallel here.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby patprof65 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:18 pm

OK, OK I"ve got book #1 with me and I'm headed to the woodshed!!
Patprof
patprof65

h

Postby SLAVA » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:03 pm

So if there is an open parallel turn there should be the closed one
if those 2 are exist then there are 2 more these are semi open parallel turn and semi closed one.
he he he that 's so funny how one stupid question can progress in a chain of stupid statements :lol:

parallel ( just parallel ) turn can be described in 3 words just what SCSA told us before...
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

sad but true

Postby John Mason » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:33 pm

It is interesting that a question that prompted such a long thread on epic has basically no relevance here.

What I got from reading the epic thread is that a 2 footed even pressure wider stance combined with knee pointing will produce this "open parallel" turn. I see what I think this is on the hill all the time. It is a turn style with no release from what I can gather. The CM tends to stay in between the feet. (that golf cart look)

Even the first PMTS beginner turn taught that crosses the fall line (a full turn not a garland) does not do this, thus the problem relating.

At least on Epic they look at that turn as a stage to work through rather than an end point.
John Mason

Postby *SCSA » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:47 pm

I'm sure SLAVA is SLIDEWAYS.
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:20 am

Answer = Release, transfer, engage.

Next subject please. :wink:

If SLAVA and patprof don't start paying attention, they're going to the boardroom. Somebody will be fired.
*SCSA

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System