I put this up on my Facebook page, got huge reaction!

PMTS Forum

I put this up on my Facebook page, got huge reaction!

Postby h.harb » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:21 am

h.harb

Re: I put this up on my Facebook page, got huge reaction!

Postby DougD » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:17 pm

See Harald... the wide stance and "stivoting" skills taught by PSIA never go out of style. :lol:

Great comparison.
DougD

Postby h.harb » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Style is very important to these people, as Doug Lewis always says, 'Look at his style". People who think style is the answer, often do so because of their lack of knowledge and are in need for substitutes, like inane comments for what is really happening.
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:44 am

This is why I made the comment I did the other day regarding the 60+ years of slalom video footage that one of our other forum members posted... I was looking at what was the same. While the equipment has changed, how the body balances when in motion hasn't changed. It is fascinating to see the similarities in good technique over many decades. For example, I still love watching Tomba.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby DougD » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 am

HeluvaSkier wrote:This is why I made the comment I did the other day regarding the 60+ years of slalom video footage that one of our other forum members posted... I was looking at what was the same. While the equipment has changed, how the body balances when in motion hasn't changed. It is fascinating to see the similarities in good technique over many decades. For example, I still love watching Tomba.

+1
DougD

Postby Robert0325 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:49 am

Sorry, I'm no expert on this but interested none the less. Does the term "hip dumping" describe Wenzel's postion. I can see also that Hirscher has loads more CA and CB. Is Wenzel's hip dumping causing the lack of CA and CB?

BTW, can't believe you guys vote Trump! Still, we're no better voting to leave Europe!
Robert0325

Postby h.harb » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Hip dumping, parking and riding are similar and have the same effect. All the top skiers of the era had a hip counter acting movement, like Wenzel, in the photo, Gustavo Thoeni was even more extreme. The big difference between right and less good is; that tipping should never stop. It should either be increasing or decreasing always through turns.
h.harb

Postby jbotti » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Robert0325 wrote:Sorry, I'm no expert on this but interested none the less. Does the term "hip dumping" describe Wenzel's postion. I can see also that Hirscher has loads more CA and CB. Is Wenzel's hip dumping causing the lack of CA and CB?

BTW, can't believe you guys vote Trump! Still, we're no better voting to leave Europe!

Before you indict us lets remember that 59 million people (a slim majority) voted for Hillary.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Ade » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:52 am

Maybe to Robert0325's advantage to just concentrate on PMTS!
Ade

Postby NoCleverName » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:04 am

Too bad a lot of useful HH posts are on Facebook; I refuse to be tracked and marketed to by those suckers.
NoCleverName

Postby speedcontrol » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:36 am

Ade wrote:Maybe to Robert0325's advantage to just concentrate on PMTS!

Good advice as a first post. The previous poster in question should know that open questions(comments) that far from the topic are very easy to look stupid !
speedcontrol

Postby h.harb » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Who ever wants to track you will do so, at any time and where ever they like. If you have an email address, have searched anything on Google or been to a web site, you are tracked, if they want you. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
h.harb

Postby NoCleverName » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:06 am

The "tracking" has more to do with their selling whatever internet activity they can pick up of mine to ad companies for more targeted injected ads into my data stream and more spam email (much of which could be phishing). Now, of course I use AdBlock+ to stop the majority of the stuff from coming in. The main problem with ads, other than taking up valuable screen real estate thus pushing out the actual content I'm trying to look at, is that they are the most likely carriers of malware (other than straight email phishing attacks). As for the email, I don't know about the web-based email clients but the desktop email client I use reveals the actual URL's of the hyperlinks present in the email so I can tell instantly whether or not it might be remotely legitimate.

I appreciate that FB is the best way for your stuff to get out to the world at large; I guess I'll just have to live without it.
NoCleverName

Postby HeluvaSkier » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:26 am

Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:19 am

No problem if you have a Mac. I've had it now for 8 years, no malware, no crashes and no virus. When I had PCs it was more about virus protection than about computing. If you have PCs I understand your position. Plus the upgrades drove me crazy all the time and were never better.
h.harb

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System