Movement Analysis

PMTS Forum

Movement Analysis

Postby skijim13 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:52 am

I have been working improving my movement analysis skills by watching videos and reading. I can see many of the none efficient movements now such an not releasing the stance foot, extension, not tipping the inside foot thoughtout the turn, not using CA/CB. The one I have trouble seeing is with high level skiers that use leg steering but also use a tipping movement. I know that if the tails go back up the hill they are using steering instead of tipping. Does anyone have a good video that has been analyzed that you can share with me to further improve my skills. It would be great if there was a video with details on movement analysis to help further improve on this skill.
skijim13

Re: Movement Analysis

Postby skijim13 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:24 am

One important skill I have been trying to learn is how to do movement analysis. I know the better I get at this skill the more Lorie and I will be able to self coach ourselves between camps. Here is a great article I found within the pmts.org site on the topic.

http://www.pmts.org/index.php/read-a-ta ... o-the-turn
skijim13

Re: Movement Analysis

Postby h.harb » Wed May 18, 2016 5:21 pm

It is key to becoming an expert ski coach is recognizing movements. Then knowing what movements will make the biggest difference and then knowing how and which part of the movements to introduce. After that it's about giving the skier feedback about how much or little the are acheiving the new movement. The challenge then becomes if the skier isn't getting the movement, how to introduce ways for them to realize the movement. Remember when teaching skiing being able to identify the "Essential Movements" is only a start.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System