A one turn comparison, Reilly with Harald

PMTS Forum

Re: A one turn comparison, Reilly with Harald

Postby h.harb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:55 am

I only write what I see and what has changed. Both Reilly and Paul have worked hard to improve their skiing with PMTS movements and techniques, it's obvious. When I see things like this, it is congratulated, just as when Max501 and Greg made huge progress in their skiing. I acknowledge it. When the skiing sucks, I also comment, unfortunately most of the skiing I see is not at the level or standards of these people. Especially not the PSIA demo Team and not even Austrians.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:32 am

h.harb

Postby Ihamilton » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 am

The transition shot is great. Both skiers knees with the "O". Looking forward to the video.
Ihamilton

Postby B.Mulligan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:29 am

You can see a glimpse of the O in each transition in Reilly's latest short turn video.

I suspect i'm not the only one looking forward to the actual video of HH and Reilly skiing together. I mean, wow, right?
B.Mulligan

Postby h.harb » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:03 am

When you watch Reilly, you can see all the PMTS "Essentials" in action. Big toe edge release first, early inside ski and foot tipping, and great energetic retraction. No steering, no extension, however inside ski lift and light, feet together. He does everything PSIA says is wrong, just like they said about my first book, ( Anyone can be an Expert Skier 1) yet no one in PSIA skis as well as Reilly. However; they think all those things they do, wide stance, both feet weighted, extension, leg steering; are real and they work, just like those that believe Professional Wrestling isn't faked!
h.harb

Postby bogiek » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:23 pm

MOST PEOPLE BELIVE IN B.S.
bogiek

Postby bogiek » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:46 pm

RIILLY i'll spead up your progres. Inside heand forward not sideways , and you will get better resort
bogiek

Postby Max_501 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:25 am

Harald writes about Reilly's technique in this blog post. Here's a snippet from it.

Harald: "I really like Reilly's inside arm discipline, it's better than mine, even though inside arm and pole tip forward, is a big PMTS goal. Reilly's release also has more, "jet", he really let's his skis explode forward at release and catches them, pulls them back for tip engagement before the next arc. This is very athletic skiing. I tend to be more absorbing of energy, probably due to my old knees and having less strength than Reilly."
Max_501

Postby h.harb » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:07 am

To really see the comparison; we would need to both be on the same ski length and dimensions. I'm on a speed 170cm, which is 14.4 radius and Reilly is on a 165cm slalom, 12m. However he had to adjust his turns to mine and , as I know from experience, what it takes to follow, he had to feather to stay matching the arcs. If we did this more often on the same skis; I think we could see a better more accurate comparison.

I'm sure I'll be more springy and have more rebound with energy after another summer of training. I still need to catch up about 20 to 30 percent in leg strength from my surgery last spring. I could't do many plyo type exercises last fall due to the rehab schedule and healing of my leg.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System