Where else can you get this level of knowledge?

PMTS Forum

Where else can you get this level of knowledge?

Postby geoffda » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:31 pm

All season long I've felt like there were a couple of issues with my setup. My left foot has been a problem for some time in that it didn't want to roll over and my fore-aft has seemed not quite right. I've felt like I'd made some good progress with movements, but I wasn't getting rewarded in my skiing.

This week I've had the privilege to ski around with Harald and Diana while helping to create some new videos for HSS. One of the video series will be on alignment, and it gave me a great chance to have my setup put under the microscope. Diana made a couple of tweaks to my cuff canting, a small change to my boot sole canting, and gave me a 2mm heel lift on the left and a 1mm heel lift on the right. The results of these tiny changes were HUGE! I can finally ski upright and with my hips open. The left foot is finally working.

This is what is so great about HSS. Where else can you find the level of knowledge and support necessary to tackle these kinds of issues that may be holding back your skiing? Between dialing in your setup and getting expert feedback on your movements, there is simply nothing else in the world that compares.

Here are some videos we shot today with my new setup.

Powder day at A-Basin!

Even my bad skiing looks pretty good!

Skiing some harder snow

While I can find plenty of things to work on, I was pretty psyched to put my video up in Coaches Eye side by side with Diana's skiing and see more similarities than differences. My goal of skiing as well as HH and DR is starting to seem within reach! Thanks Harald and Diana!
geoffda

Re: Where else can you get this level of knowledge?

Postby h.harb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:46 pm

We are more than pleased with your success. This also makes an already very good coach, an even a better one.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System