just what I was looking for...

PMTS Forum

just what I was looking for...

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:35 pm

I came across this website a couple of weeks ago when looking for reviews on skis as I was buying my first pair of shaped skis - after 30 yrs skiing. I had not heard of PMTS before and checked out this forum. After reading and viewing some of the videos, I realized that this is what I was looking for but rarely experienced. I went out and bought HH's Book 1, read it and hit the slopes for the first time armed with this new information. Normally I would hit the steepest slopes after a couple of runs, steering, pivoting and skidding on BTE to BTE most of the way down. But today, I spent the entire morning on easier slopes working the phantom move oand trying to get the feel of release and engagement at the high C. The comments on some of the threads here about pulling the free foot back seemed to make a difference with getting my CM across the skis to the new edge. Of course, this was just a start, but these are the moves I will now be working with to improve my skiing. I think I will need to get some help with alignment as well.

This has really sparked my interest in improving my skiing again.

Regards,

Chris
Chris

Postby *SCSA » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:21 am

Hiya Chris,

I'm in charge while HH is gone. Let me be the first to welcome you.

You hit the jackpot. You are now on the path to great turns, providing that's what you came for. Any skier, from a never ever to the most advanced, benefits from PMTS. BTW, PMTS skiers do look different.

My turns just keep gettin better. My smile, keeps gettin bigger. :D

See ya around,
*SCSA

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:06 am

Yes, better turns are what I am looking for and I agree that PMTS skiiers look different. They are the ones carving high in the turn.
Chris

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System