So happy!

PMTS Forum

So happy!

Postby Carl R » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Previously this year, I have practiced a lot of tipping with my 9 year old daughter. And pressuring her boot tounge. So after few days she started carving.
Wasn't perfect by any means, but at least she wasn't turning her skis all the time.
So at home we decided to join the local ski club training again, in the nearby almost flat slope. I thought it would be good confidence boost.

Last week I gave her one task to focus on. Only weight on the outside leg. It was a slalom course, stubbies. She wasn't too happy about her own performance, but I saw she was doing what she could.

So today it was a GS course, and in the car I told her to lift the outside leg when she wanted to end the current turn and turn the other way. That was her only focus this evening.
I was mostly standing at the start this evening, helping the other kids. At the end of the session I watched a couple of her runs. Well, her transitions, they were super phantoms!
Her skiing had changed. It was just so graceful to see. All of the other kids were more or less vaulting, and here she is, performing perfect outside leg retractions.
I'm so happy. This is building such a good foundation.

Daughter: "When I lift the outside leg, the skis starts turning the other way." :)
Carl R

Re: So happy!

Postby Max_501 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Congratulations on your success! I taught my kids (both strong racers) using Books 1 and 2. Works wonders!
Max_501

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System