We are ready to shut this site down.

PMTS Forum

We are ready to shut this site down.

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:54 pm

With Facebook, our web sites and The Blog site, this site becomes redundant. And judging by the activity it is no longer interesting.
h.harb

Re: We are ready to shut this site down.

Postby geoffda » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 pm

This site is a treasure trove of valuable information (which is easily searchable). I'd hate to see that lost. Could the site be made read only?
geoffda

Postby ToddW » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Ditto. I frequently search for old posts from years ago. There's an awful lot of amazing information here.
ToddW

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:29 pm

This is the best catalog of ski technique information on the web. There is no other resource like it because no other resource has it's available information vetted to the level it is here. There are posts on here from over a decade ago that are as relevant today as they were then. I would hate to see that disappear.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby blackthorn » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:20 pm

I look at this site almost daily. For me it would be a bit of a tragedy if it closed, especially if all the info was not accessible.
The blogs and facebook are well enough, but not anywhere the equivalent of the forum in all its facets.
I wonder what the problem is and what can be done about it? I have tried to make a few suggestions on occasions.

:(
blackthorn

Postby jbotti » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:25 pm

I agree that saving the valuable info that already exists is important to a large number of people.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby pbuddingh » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:52 pm

After many years of PMTS instruction, fittings and camps I still check in regularly to gather valuable information. It is an amazing collection of skiing knowledge.
pbuddingh

Postby Max_501 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:19 pm

HeluvaSkier wrote:This is the best catalog of ski technique information on the web. There is no other resource like it because no other resource has it's available information vetted to the level it is here. There are posts on here from over a decade ago that are as relevant today as they were then. I would hate to see that disappear.

+1
Max_501

Postby Jjmdane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:27 am

I totally agree with previous posters that this site is a trove of great reference points for a superior method of ski instruction.
Jjmdane

Postby Robert0325 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:41 am

Please don't shut it down. It's the only solid link to updates in PMTS that we have in the UK
Robert0325

Postby VAskier » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:55 am

Lack of new activity is not necessarily a bad thing, and IMO it's actually a plus! Maybe the reason there isn't a lot of new discussion here is because PMTS is so well-designed with such a clear path to expert skiing that there is no need for constant activity.

One need only briefly visit ep*c to find that lots of activity is not necessarily good, and in the case of ep*c, nearly all of that activity is just a train-wreck of words and spreading of misinformation. A problem I find with the internet/interwebs/google/etc. is that the best ideas are not necessarily raised to the forefront. Instead, it seems to be all about who makes the most "noise", has the biggest crowd, draws the most followers, gets the most comments, collects the most "friends" etc., and all of that nonsense just drowns out the worthwhile information available.

I generally don't like to post in forums on which I am a member(I try to avoid adding to the noise). Admittedly, this post is out of self-interest. I would rather the PMTS forum remain as one of my easily searchable references to expert skiing. My other references: ACBAES1, ACBAES2, Essentials, and Harald's YouTube channel.
VAskier

Postby am-i-ghetto » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:24 am

Please keep the site up.
am-i-ghetto

Postby billydee » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:40 am

I'd be happy to see it stick around since I'm not nor will ever be on Facebook.
But either way, thanks Harald!
billydee

Postby NoCleverName » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:12 pm

I have no desire to be tracked by Facebook, either ... so PMTS would go dark for me.
NoCleverName

Postby mike » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Like the last two posters I am not into Facebook, I enjoy poking around the forum most days, can't believe you would contemplate shutting it down.

If something has to go make it the Facebook site!
mike

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System