PMTS camp oppty, especially for East Coasters/Europeans

PMTS Forum

PMTS camp oppty, especially for East Coasters/Europeans

Postby ToddW » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:06 pm

Hintertux is the "Queen of PMTS Camps" and there are still spots available for the second session next April.

If you're on the East Coast, a 7 hour flight to Munich isn't much longer than a 4.5 hour flight to Denver and there's no rental car hassle or winter driving to deal with when you get there.

Treat yourself to a ski adventure in the Austrian Alps. Good skiing. Good beer. Good camaraderie. Good food. Good instruction. Icing on the cake: Harb footbeds and alignment dialed in over a whole week of skiing and snow conditions! Finish the day by skiing from the Gefrorene Wand (3250m) all the way down to the village of Hintertux at 1500m -- some 5740 feet of vertical descent -- or take the Gletscherbus gondolas down. The village is comfortably located at 1500m/5000ft of altitude for lots of oxygen and a full night's rest.

This is a classic ski week experience. All campers and coaches stay in the Hintertuxerhof hotel a few minutes walk from the lifts. Campers and coaches ski together, apres together, and dine together. This is your chance to have long rambling discussions with PMTS coaches and with passionate skiers from all over the globe. The Kofler family who run the hotel are old friends of Harald's and go out of their way to give us a great experience.

Almost everyone speaks English in Hintertux, so there's no need to brush up on German before going.

What are you waiting for?
ToddW

Re: PMTS camp oppty, especially for East Coasters/Europeans

Postby jbotti » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Definitely on my bucket list. Not going to happen til my daughter goes away to college (2 more years). Might require dragging my wife while she kicks (while holding in her screams). My guess is that she would actually really enjoy herself skiing some of the terrain that wouldn't intimidate here. She loves skiing with Diana.

Some day!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby emakarios » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:51 pm

I am with you John Botti. Let's go in two years. My wife Dawn is a snowboarder and will be looking for a snow buddy.
emakarios

Postby emakarios » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Dawn and I spent a week at Solden a few years back. And another week the next year at Chamonix. Osterrich is the best!
emakarios

Postby jbotti » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:55 pm

Sounds great. Count me in!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby DougD » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:55 am

Todd, you're killin' me!
DougD

Postby geoffda » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Todd is spot on with his description of the Hintertux camp (and it is the Queen of PMTS camps). I was fortunate enough to experience the camp for the first time last season as a coach and I was blown away by how amazing this camp is. I really don't have enough superlatives to describe what the skiing in the heart of the Austrian Tyrol is like. The Sporthotel Hintertuxerhof offers fantastic accommodations where they treat you like family. Often, Christian (the owner) will see you coming down the stairs and have your drink waiting for you by the time you get to the bar. What really makes this camp so special is the camaraderie of the shared ski week. You'll meet like-minded skiers from all over the world and the friendships and memories that you will make will last you a lifetime--or at least until the next season when you realize you have to come back!
geoffda

Postby mike » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:46 am

Treat yourself to a ski adventure in the Austrian Alps. Good skiing. Good beer. Good camaraderie. Good food. Good instruction.

You got me Todd, it's been four years but have just booked again.

Will be standing in for Geoff, 2016 would have been his tenth camp but domestic pressure has him plotting a different course this year.
mike

Postby ToddW » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:51 am

Mike,

First beer's on me. The last couple years everyone's been riding the pig. It's high time someone started riding the woolly again!

Sorry to hear that Geoff is taking a breather this season. His clan was out in serious force last year -- 6 of 'em -- and they're always lots of fun.
ToddW

Postby mike » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:10 am

Todd

Sounds good. Just dug out the video from that group with Jasper in 2011, better not be bringing up the subject of sheep - we don't want people getting excited.

Hope you guys have been catching some of the Rugby World Cup, the Samoa v Scotland game was an absolute cracker.
mike

Postby h.harb » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:44 am

Hey Mike, good on you. Glad to have you on board for Austria.
h.harb

Postby midwif » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Pretty sure the camp is almost full if not completely full.
Jim and I decided to do this year rather than wait for the "perfect" time.

Todd's ad campaign brought good results!

Lynn
midwif

Postby h.harb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:38 am

Yes both camps are full.
h.harb

Postby ToddW » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Bump.

From the HSS website, it appears that there are still spots in Hintertux PMTS camp session #2 this coming Spring.

For many of us, it's the holiday gift giving season. Consider giving yourself the wonderful gift of a week in the Austrian Alps skiing and socializing with a great group of skiers from all over the planet. Read this thread to learn more about Hintertux. (There's no language barrier -- hotel and ski area employees speak English and the ski instruction is in English.)
ToddW

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System