Skiing one technique for all conditions.

PMTS Forum

Skiing one technique for all conditions.

Postby h.harb » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:03 pm

PMTS is the only system in the world that offers this approach. The reason that only PMTS has this ability to offer one technique is because it's biomechanically sound. All other systems are contrived skidding and leg twisting approaches. In addition, they teach extension and up movements, which no expert skier uses in all terrain. So you become a limited skier using any of the national ski school techniques. I am posting links to my blog demonstrating how i use only one technique for every condition. These are also on my Facebook Page and in the "Performance Skiing" DVD.
http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2015/09/skiing-new-powder-untracked-with-same.html
h.harb

Re: Skiing one technique for all conditions.

Postby jbotti » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:20 pm

You must be trying to get us all stoked for ski season and some snow. Its working!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby DougD » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:59 pm

John, this might get you you double stoked:

https://www.skihood.com/about-us/meadow ... -early-end
DougD

Postby skijim13 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:39 am

Doug lets hope for 90% of Killington open in December. My favorite to get into skiing is the Performance Free Skiing video, I know that is how I want to ski on type of condition and terrain
skijim13

Postby h.harb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:25 am

In the Performance Free Skiing video, many people gloss over the part that I think is probably the most technically difficult and balance challenging exercise, the javelin turns. The nuances in that series of turns needs noting, to appreciate how you can challenge your own skiing. When I am lifting the ski, how it is placed above the other boot and how and when it is set down on the snow, are all different from the standard way of doing the Javelin Turn. Definitely upping the ante in difficulty.
h.harb

Postby skijim13 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:03 am

The Phantom Javelin turn is harder to do then the standard one, still working on it. Great photos on page 29 of Expert II book. Maybe I will get to work on it in the Short turn camp.
skijim13

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System