USSA and PSIA get together to produce mediocrity.

PMTS Forum

USSA and PSIA get together to produce mediocrity.

Postby h.harb » Wed May 27, 2015 1:18 pm

http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com

Click on the Blog URL for MA on PSIA Demo Team.

The amazing thing is they have no shame. Putting this on You Tube, they have to be thinking this is good? How “delusionary” do you have to be to think this is good skiing and that this technique is working?
A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.
h.harb

Re: USSA and PSIA get together to produce mediocrity.

Postby h.harb » Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 pm

http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-superior-technique-yields-superior.html

Compare the skiing in the first post to this. PMTS skiing yields results you want.
h.harb

Postby jbotti » Wed May 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Those shots are definitely rough on the eyes!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby skijim13 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:36 am

I sent the link to your blog to some of my PSIA friends who keep asking why I go PMTS Camp instead of a good PSIA event. I sure I will not get I will get a fun response. If they can't see the difference they need glasses.
skijim13

Postby nipper » Thu May 28, 2015 9:28 am

It looks like BASI have some tough competition.
nipper

Postby h.harb » Thu May 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Yes it's a sad statement if that is your skiing model and those are your best to demonstrate it. What do the others lower on the PSIA totem pole ski like???
h.harb

Postby skijim13 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:52 am

I skied with some of the level II and Level III hopefuls on vacation, they all rented the superwide skis and had no speed control and banked their turns using heavy rotary and skidding for speed control. Once you learn PMTS you notice the poor movements quickly and think I used to ski using those movements and though my skiing was good. Learning PMTS takes away the PSIA blinders that being part of the organization most have. Watching from the chairlift, my wife, Art, and I also noticed that the skiing of the ski instructors at Mammoth was not of high level.
skijim13

Postby h.harb » Fri May 29, 2015 9:54 am

PSIA has to adjust to the fact that, they have killed skiing. The industry has colluded, Vail Resorts Corp is the biggest culprit and created an unsustainable career for young up and coming ski instructors. The pay is terrible and the conditions for acquiring work are horrible, who can make a living wage teaching skiing?

So the young good skiers have been weeded out of PISA and have found better things to do. You have lots of retirees taking the instructor jobs because they can afford it or don't have to have real jobs to live in the mountains. The certification and skiing standards have to be lower for these instructors to get a certification, that's why you see such poor levels of skiing in PSIA. They can't ignore this any longer it is too obvious. Getting out of the situation they created will be much harder than what they created.

Added later: OK they can ignore it, but people aren't taking lessons; so they can ignore it, but the general skiing public isn't, they already know how useless PSIA instruction is to advance their skiing.
h.harb

Postby Vailsteve » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:42 am

Ahh. Harold. How right you are!!
Vailsteve

Postby skijim13 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:43 am

My mountain, only pays $8.00 per hour and at this point everyone gets hired. I have seem some of the new instructors skiing in a near wedge trying to teach the class how to make parallel turns, My favorite site was the instructor who threw her poles down and told the class poles are only use is to push yourself around. We all know that correct pole usage is very important for good skiing. The PSIA is good at increasing their prices while the instructors wages are at an all time low. My mountain does not even give the instructors a food discount anymore.
skijim13

Postby DougD » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:21 pm

h.harb wrote:They can't ignore this any longer it is too obvious.

They can and they will. Once an organization is led astray by those at the top, convincing it to admit systemic failure and change direction rarely occurs without a change in leadership. Leaders have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo, bad ones even more so. Consider FIFA.

h.harb wrote:Getting out of the situation they created will be much harder than what they created.

True. PSIA won't suffer FBI midnight raids searching for evidence of wedge entries. USSA coaches won't be criminally indicted for teaching release by extension. It might be better if they were, since US skiing's path out of its current mess is unclear. The coming drought in FIS/Olympic results (Schiffrin aside) and the loss of skiing skill at all levels is likely to last a long time.
DougD

Postby h.harb » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm

What is amazing is that people seem to have given up on PSIA and even PSIA has no back bone any longer. I have received no hate mail for the posts I'm putting up, that demonstrate clear proof of PSIA's skiing and system inadequacies and failures. If PSIA had as much money coming toward them as soccer does, they would make FIFA management look good.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System