Worth a look

PMTS Forum

Worth a look

Postby Bolter » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:28 am

Here is the end product of five years of PMTS coaching a Timberline Race Team athlete. This is not a cherry picked photo, this is what he does.

Bolter

Re: Worth a look

Postby BigE » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 am

Terrific result!
BigE

Postby h.harb » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Bolter who is that?

The first PMTS coaches course and accreditation was this week at Welch. Next year it will be every bigger. I am gathering some research on coaching ability with a nation wide questionnaire with a Prof (Dave Bacharach) from St Cloud University. After we get the survey back I'm hosting a national coaches seminar. Many of the most respected in the US, the ones I respect mostly, have already committed to coming and participating. Lots of stuff going on in the coaching world by Harb Ski systems.
h.harb

Postby Bolter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:37 am

He is a U18 Timberline Ski Team athlete. He swept the SARA Championships in GS and SL. He really worked on the PMTS program. For example, he had the patience to develop a cross block over a four year development program. When I first started coaching him, we made a pact, "follow the program and you will win everything" . . . it worked.
Last edited by Bolter on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bolter

Postby arothafel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:57 am

Bolter... that is outstanding!

Out of curiosity, do the parents of these young racers understand and recognize the difference between what you are coaching (PMTS) and the other standard coaching practices?

Or, do they not actually know the difference and are just going along with it because you are the coach?
arothafel

Postby Bolter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:16 am

The parents are aware of the unique training. It stands in contrast to every other program in SARA. We begin the season with parent indoor training, which is an intro to PMTS while using a comparative look at USSA. After learning just how different our PMTS based program is, many parents have spent time on snow with Harald and Diana. We also coach parents on snow at Timberline.

We have a few more athletes in the pipeline that are on track to excel.
Bolter

Postby geoffda » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:08 am

Bolter wrote:He is a U18 Timberline Ski Team athlete. He swept the SARA Championships in GS and SL. He really worked on the PMTS program. For example, he had the patience to develop a cross block over a four year development program. When I first started coaching him, we made a pact, follow the program and you will win everything . . . it worked.

Wow, just outstanding Bolter. You are a credit to ski coaching. Well done!
geoffda

Postby h.harb » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:14 pm

Congratulations are well deserved, you are a visionary coach. Seeing and following something totally out of the norm in ski coaching like PMTS is completely unusual.
h.harb

Postby arothafel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 pm

There it is...
We begin the season with parent indoor training, which is an intro to PMTS while using a comparative look at USSA.
arothafel

Postby skijim13 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:28 am

Great results, if only more people had an open mind and stop having such a big ego. I feel so sad when I watch our young racers at our mountain use so many inefficient movements
skijim13

Postby Erik » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:28 pm

WIth exception of the hand position to cross-block the gate, the young racer looks a lot like his coach's avatar!
Erik

Postby emakarios » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Good stuff JR! Congrats to the athletes, his parents and great coaching.
emakarios

Postby pzotalis » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:59 pm

h.harb wrote:Bolter who is that?

The first PMTS coaches course and accreditation was this week at Welch. Next year it will be every bigger. I am gathering some research on coaching ability with a nation wide questionnaire with a Prof (Dave Bacharach) from St Cloud University. After we get the survey back I'm hosting a national coaches seminar. Many of the most respected in the US, the ones I respect mostly, have already committed to coming and participating. Lots of stuff going on in the coaching world by Harb Ski systems.

I know of a ski area in MN that would probably be willing to host this national coaches seminar that you speak of. :wink:
pzotalis

Postby Bolter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:28 am

If possible I would willingly attend.
Bolter

Postby h.harb » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:46 am

Peter I think we can make that happen.
h.harb

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System